Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question on hash canna oil I'm currently cooking up

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by KMDW, Nov 9, 2017.

1. So I'm using the crock pot/slow cooker method to make a small batch of canna oil with coconut oil + hash, and I'm wondering if I should freeze the oil after its done cooking as people say it rips apart the chemical structure of the thc and makes it more potent. However because I'm using hash, will this be necessary as hash is essentially just pressed keif. Has the chemical structure of my thc already been punctured during the hash making process?

And any other tips? I will be cooking for another 2 ish hours which will take the total time to almost 7 hours, should I freeze overnight and go again in the morning? Will that further increase potency or is the current 6 or 7 hours sufficient?

Thanks Grasscity ;)

2. Have you started? I hope not. You need to decarb your hash at 240F for 40 minutes and mix into your oil or butter. Otherwise, unless you know the temperature your stuff is cooking in the crockpot you cannot extrapolate how long is long enough to decarb the hash. You can't make it more potent than it is, but you can maximize what you use. That would have been the decarb first process. In any case you'll probably turn out something OK. All of this is spelled out in detail in BKS's thread on medibles or BrassNwood makes hash caps all the time and you could read his stuff..

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've finished the cook and it's in the freezer :(

I was told that the hash is heat pressed so I wouldn't need to decarboxylate first, is that false info then? Does that mean the batch is ruined or is it fixable? I could just cook it again all day tomorrow if that would help increase the potency?

4. Can someone please tell me what the difference is in the process between canna butter and Hash oil concentrates? All this reading about pesticides etc has got me delving and I see that hash oil extraction can worsen the problem if pesticides are in your pot. Unsure about coconut oil though... !

Thanks in advance.

5. What does your hash look like? My dealer made edibles & gave me one to sample & he didn't decarb he just grinded it to powder & put it in the cake mix

The edibles got me & 8 other people blasted..

IMG_20171106_185723.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Do you know what your doses were or how much he put in them? I've made firecrackers (also without decarbing) a couple times, they were fairly potent which surprised me tbh but I'm hoping this oil will be more so ;)

And excuse the terrible quality, my phone just won't focus for some reason IMG_20171110_022157.jpg IMG_20171110_021601.jpg IMG_20171110_022157.jpg

7. Do you know what your doses were or how much he put in them? I've made firecrackers (also without decarbing) a couple times, they were fairly potent which surprised me tbh but I'm hoping this oil will be more so ;)

And excuse the terrible quality, my phone just won't focus for some reason View attachment 2372066 View attachment 2372067 View attachment 2372066

• Like Like x 1
  8. Do you know what your doses were or how much he put in them? I've made firecrackers (also without decarbing) a couple times, they were fairly potent which surprised me tbh but I'm hoping this oil will be more so ;)

And excuse the terrible quality, my phone just won't focus for some reason View attachment 2372066 View attachment 2372067 View attachment 2372066

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do you know what your doses were or how much he put in them? I've made firecrackers (also without decarbing) a couple times, they were fairly potent which surprised me tbh but I'm hoping this oil will be more so ;)

10. Always decarb anything you intend to eat FIRST !. Even older partly decarbed material should be decarbed to insure the most bang you can get.
    240 F for 40 minutes
    All that crock pot extended heating does is degrade the THC to CBN and make it sleepy oil.
    Keep processing times down to 20 minutes and it'll be much more awake and mind blowing.

Canna butter and hash oil are just 2 forms of the same thing. Hash oil being about 5x stronger.
    Canna butter is usually done with weed and will taste like a big glob of butter.
    Coconut oil has virtually zero taste and smell so it's a better base oil for many of us.
    Butter can go rancid with time. Coconut oil seems relatively impervious to any changes over time.
    Using 1/6th lecithin will effectively double the power of the oil.
    5 grams decarbed hash
    2.5 teaspoons coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon lecithin ( any kind )
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Reheat
    Done.
    Makes 30 capsules - doses
    I've made and taken over 20,000 capsules done with this recipe and haven't found anything close in power to this dead simple mix.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I grow pesticide free so no concerns about concentrating any chemicals in the base material.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1

11. Yeah that hash won't need a decarb, i think he put a gram in per person so you're looking at 9gs in total give or take, what did you end up making man?

12. Haha soo much conflicting info in this thread alone! Reflects the rest of the Internet on this subject I guess, I'll just have to try different techniques and see what works best for me :)

I've not made anything yet, I've just taken my batch out the freezer as I've heard freezing increases potency as it makes the resin canals burst and release more cannabinoids. I might just leave it a couple of weeks or so as I've heard it gets stronger with age too... Not quite sure what to make tbh but my coco block is a rectangle so I was thinking I could cut it up into Sugar cube sized doses containing .5g and maybe mix it into a coffee or something, or I made some lovely chocolate orange muffins the other week so I may make them again and replace the standard oil with this coco hash oil :cool:

13. Thanks man. Made a batch but now worried about pesticides. I'm thinking this has blown up because of the use by people who are sick but still a bit of a head fuck. Wonder what effect the darcabing process has?