Question on hang drying buds indoors for a long period of time.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chris140, Dec 11, 2007.

1. I was wondering if it was a bad idea to hang nugget for 4 weeks straight with no one keeping an eye on it. Well I know it is a bad idea, but I am hoping I can do this instead of rush curing the nuggets.

2. you will lose most of the flavor and smoothness if you dry it straight up for that long. The buds will be so crisp they will almost fall apart in your hands...

3. dont do it

4. it will be like smokin hay........................peace

5. maybe you could freeze them until you can cure them properly

6. not my buissness but why the hurry, i dont understand, do you only have four weeks or you wont be able to touch them foe 4 weeks............peace

7. maybe he cant get to them for 4 weeks. like im gonna have to leave my growing plant at my apartment while i go home for christmas break, but at least my roomates will be around most of the time to help me out with watering and such

8. Well my last plant is barely getting to prime time to harvest, so I will be cutting her probably at the end of this week. With that said, I have to leave to Los Angeles Sunday morning and I will be there for 4 weeks straight. I have no roommate or anyone who will be accessing my room while I will be gone, which is why I ask. This freezing method, would a conventional freezer work? I may just have one of my buddies hang it in his house and jar it for me so it is ready when I get back.

9. hmm, ive never even thought about freezing freshly cut buds before...

10. ive never thought about it, but i would do a thread search or google it..........peace

11. im actually in the same exact position. i was about to start a thread but saw this one exactly the same hahah thanks chris. my girl is getting close to harvest time..right now 7 weeks into flower.. but in a few days im going to be leaving my apartment for 5 weeks for winter break. so i plan on having my roommate water/nute her for 1 more week, not watering her for 1 week and then hanging her for 3 ...how would that work out? what about freezing the buds in the freezer in a jar or bag and then thawing them after i get back?

12. cant freeze dry & leave it mate ,even freeze drying has to be checked daily.

get your mate to do the deed for you mate as leaving it for 4 weeks unattended will leave it vunerable to allsorts:eek: & as said above will be vile tasting ,brittle. A WASTE.

hope this helps.

13. your first plan is better;)

but in an emergency like chris your fresh buds can be quick dried several ways ,hanging over a radiator or putting them on a baking tray & preheat your oven to gas mark 1 & then put weed in & turn oven off & leave for hour then keep checkin till ready.

naturally dried buds are better tasting & not harsh to smoke than quick dried ,but hey no good for you guys yeh!
    at least this way you'll have something to come back too rather than none;)

so after drying quickly put into a vacuumed sealed bag & into the freezer ,then when you come back put into jars after airing them for couple of hours ,this will make them taste a LITTLE better:smoking:

ps; make sure buds are properly dried before puttin into freezer as if theres any moisture then the dreaded mould could take a hold and you'll be coming back to nothin too smoke.

all the best.