question on flowering time

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bigolenugs19, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Ok, so I know most strains have recommended flowering times and I know that trichomes are the way to see if your plant is ready for harvest. My question is do you start the flowering time the day you turn 12/12 or does it start the day you first see pistols? I ask cause there's a good 5-12 days on the middle there that I am currently considering a completely different stage and not including in my flower time but my plants seem to be maturing way too fast.

2. Pistil onset.

3. That's what I thought, maybe I just have some early finishers.

4. Whatcha growin?

5. Bagseed from a Sour Hindu plant. I've grown it twice before and it makes some awesome pot. That's Sour Diesel x Hindu Kush. I haven't been able to find much info on the strain online

6. Well HK is about 50 days flower, and Sour D is about 70 days. So that's a pretty wide window, and shit if you like the smoke... 20 days off per flower cycle= around 1.5 extra crops per year. Sound good to me.

7. That's a good point, thanks for the info!

8. This is a pic of one of the Colas on one of the sour Hindu that I topped. It's looking nice with only 30 days into flowering.

ForumRunner_20130130_131725.png
    I do have another question if you could answer it for me.

ForumRunner_20130130_131923.png

This above pic is of a fan leaf off the sour Hindu plant I have next to the SH from above. The plant started having this issue on Saturday and hasn't gotten any worse but it isn't producing buds like my others. I ran a gallon of ph'ed water thru on Saturday as soon as I saw it and then another with a half dose of nutrients yesterday. I'm hoping its a mg deficiency caused by a slight lockout. These symptoms are only showing on the 7+ fingered fan leaves. Any ideas?