Question on first scrog

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dlpjr, Feb 18, 2013.

1. #1 dlpjr, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    These plants are in the first week of flowering. Photo is taken from under the screen. I see so many peoples scrogs where they are completely bare under the screen. I won't remove the branches but what about the fan leaves.

ForumRunner_20130218_095722.png
    Under the screen

ForumRunner_20130218_095828.png

ForumRunner_20130218_095844.png
    Above it

Sorry about the pics using my phone

2. #2 Tomato Dog, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    Don't remove the leaves unless they are blocking light from reaching a budsite. Even then if you can. Just tuck them out of the way from the budsite. So don't remove leaves unless they are dead, more then 50% discolored or blocking a budsite without being able to tuck them.

The most important thing with scrog is to have an even canopy and uniformity laying out the branches

3. Once the screen is thick, I remove everything underneath because it will all die anyway, there is no light getting down there. But your screen looks a little sparse so I would wait til it fills out. You also probably could have vegged another week or 2 to really fill that screen out. First scrog is always really tough to know when to make the flip. It also helps a lot to run the same strain a second time so you know exactly what it's going to do and how much it will stretch.