Question On Feminized Seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UpAndComer, Aug 29, 2014.

1. so you know how you buy feminized seeds well if you planted it budded it and then found a seed in it while you were grinding up  well i was wondering if this seed came from a feminized plant would it be female to? 

2. if the female was pollinated by a male, it has a 50/50 chance of being female

if the female plant pollinated itself, "hermied", it will be female with a likelihood of herming

3. it was neither... it was delicious skunky dank frosty nugs but after i grinded it up i found this 1 lil seed... and this was a bought feminized strain from attitude so im wondering if this seed i found will be a female?

4. :confused_2: i already answered your question. seeds don't just appear :hide:

goodbye :wave:

5. so your saying if you find 1 single seed in an entire plant its now a hermie?

6. #6 GoldGrower, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    seeds don't just appear by magic. The female flower was pollinated by a grain of pollen. That pollen either came from another plant or itself. There is no third option

7. Who was the breeder, so I know to avoid them.

I would agree with that. Borderline crappy genetics, lucky you didn't get more than 1. If you keep using the same breeder I'd expect it to happen much more often. Attitude only guarantees delivery, quality genetics are the breeder's responsibility and there are a lot of lazy breeders out there.

8. opinions on greenhouse seeds? i got told they are excellent and also cheers for the info so it will be a female.... this seed of mine but has the chance to pop out with a few seeds itself im guessing as you could say more prone to becoming hermie 

9. Yes spot on. I have never tried greenhouse seeds myself. It could have been a male pollen blown in through the window. Pollen given the right conditions can travel 100 miles. But still most likely it came from itself

Never used them, but that guy Aryjan or whatever hypes his shit a lot and is pretty shady from what I've read. Sure, he's won some awards but he's also been accused of buying votes, lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arjan_Roskam