Question on electricity

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Faceman91, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Hey people, worked out I need roughly 10 sockets for my grow ( ballast with light, exhaust, inline, water pump, airpump, another water pump, reservoir heating, tent heating, desk fan and maybe extra slots for CFLs etc.)

My problem is... Im set up in the loft of my house, where there is no power sockets.. So an looking for ideas such as extension leads or good ways of getting safe power up there.. Anyone got any good ideas? or ideas of how I could reduce the amount of slots I need?

Faceman

2. Run an extra 240v line from your breaker box, install it's own breaker so only that 240v line is on it. Run the 240v up stairs, then use one of these for the 240v clothes dryer type outlet. Powerboxâ„¢ Lighting Controllers and Timers for the Hydroponics Industry Use 120v off a 24v0 in will run cheaper in electric bill also higher electric use on off peak hours are cheaper on bill too. GooD LucK

3. Im able to get a extension lead through the ceiling up to the loft, would it be safe to run ballast and all the other equipment through extension lead as long as its below the 13amp?

4. What size breaker is the outlet that your extension chord will be plugged in to?

Add up all your amperage for your grow room and as long as its around 13 (constant load) you should be fine. Make sure you buy a #12 gauge extension chord. Or if you want to be totally safe get a #10 if its on a 20 amp breaker. If you're going to get a 100' chord I would advise to get a #10.