Question on Early Stages of Growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LoveMeSomeMe, Feb 16, 2009.

1. I got my himalayan gold seeds to germ nicely in 48 hours. I proceeded to plant them and I am now awaiting their sprouts to poke through the soil. I was curious, and I have been looking on the boards, how long does it take for the seeds to sprout? Should I have any light on them? Currently I have just one 20 watt bulb on them because I couldn't make up my mind. Also, any other words of wisdom for the early stages is greatly appreciated.
    Thank You

2. Don't need any lights until it sprouts.

3. Well the root sprouts first... just so you know. I almost killed my current plant by thinking the stem sprouted first... messed the root up pretty bad, and had to do surgery later, because it couldn't break back underground itself... cause it grew up and out when I flipped the seed, when I finially did know.

4. I've been reading a ton on here. I'm still a beginner but this is what I can tell you...

It could take anywhere from 1-7 days. I think average is about 2-3 days. Make sure you keep the top layer of your soil moist. Not soaked, just moist. A light is OK but I don't think it's really necessary until after it has popped out of the ground. Once the first set of leaves start to emerge you should move to full lighting which should be at least 100w for one plant.

If an expert can chime in and back up my statements, that would be great. :D

5. Took the words right out of my mouth.

6. Just an update...got my sprouts this morning and one of them has taken off. I'm pretty pumped. Thanks for the words.