Question on Early Harvesting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BlindFreak132, Jun 29, 2011.

1. I was going to start a grow but the thing is I will be moving in 1 1/2 months. I was wondering if I would be able to stay in the veggy stage for 1 month and then flower for 2 weeks then harvest early to take the harvest with me. This will be my first plant and I don't really care how much I get off it or anything I just want to know if this is possible.

2. Why not just put it in flower right now?
    The potency would be higher, and the yield would be higher too if you only planned on flowering for two weeks.

3. that's only enough time for it to show sex! you'll most likely get only trace amounts of thc.

4. this. keep it in 12/12 light schedule from seed to harvest and you'll probably get a good amount, but not as potent!

5. I would grow 24/0 for 1 1/2 weeks. Then switch to 12/12 for 4 1/2 weeks.

6. Flower it now. It will still get bigger but it needs as much flower time as possible. The shortest flower time I know of is 7 weeks. Indicas have shorter flower times. If you have a sativa dominate it may not work too good.
    Bud picked too early gets you real high real fast but then the high goes away real quick. Kind of a strange phenomena I've noticed over the years.

7. You wont have any but after 2 weeks flowering .. at best you will have a few patches of hairs that arent going to get you high

8. Because I have not even germinated the seed yet.

I don't mind if it's potent I just wanted to have it done before I move.

Hmm, that would probably work best. :) Thanks

I can still dream :p

9. If you havnt germinated it yet, then couldnt you just wait until you move and then start growing? :confused:

10. Yes of course, but I wanted to do it at this house because I already have all the grow stuff set up. It's going to be my first grow and I wanted to see if I would have any problems with the equipment I have. I don't want to be just sitting here waiting for the move then trying to grow. I rather work out all the kinks now.

11. 2 Weeks of flowering will not give you anything to smoke, absolutely nothing.

1 1/2 months is pushing it for even the fastest autoflowers.

I really think you would be much better likely spending your time learning more about the cultivation of marijuana, and start your grow when you move.

-* If you can grow where you are moving, why not grow it normal right now and take it with you.