question on early flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bushaaay, Jun 7, 2009.

1. hi guys and girls, okay, so i have one plant that i started a week before my others, and i have recently switched them all to 12/12. the main question is about the other one. it is starting its second leaf set and the stem is still the same as it was when it first came out of the dirt. is this normal? or how long does it normally take for the stem to start thickening up.

i have a HPS 430 watt 26 inches above my plants. the temp in my closet is between 65-75 at all times.and i have also stopped overwatering, and everything is startying to look more healthy, i just havent had this problem before

2. If you were overwatering it would deffinatly cause a plant to grow slow. Hopefully you have some perlite in your soil so it drains........Its good to let the soil dry out a bit, gives O2 to roots and they grow quicker. Water about every 3 to 5 days depending on your setup. Once you start that your smaller stem should thicken up in a matter of weeks (or less). Also if you dont already, you should have a fan (preferrably oscillating) blowing around your plants. This causes plants to thicken their stems. G'luck

3. tthanks i do have a fan thablows on the plants. and i water every three day. i have perlite in my soil as well. i suppuse im just being impatient,
    thanks for the input

4. Maybe its just me, but it sounds like you might be just a bit quick on starting 12/12? If you are only getting the second set of leaves, there won't really be too much room for bud.

5. im sre im flowering it early, its just that i have an afghani X trainwreck seed and lemon skunk, white widdow, and strawberry cough coming this week. the seed that im having problems with is just a schwag bean that somehow survived my massive overwaatering in my first grow, but i just want to get it out of the way for the rest, ive seen people flower thier plants from seed and thier plants work out fine, im not really worried about not having enough room for bud