Question on drying

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by HerbIsGood, Dec 24, 2008.

1. I am at a dilemma. I am unable to hang buds up to dry in my house for several reasons and I cannot leave them at a friends house to hang. I have come up with an alternative that I think may work but I wanted to check, I was wondering if setting up something like this out in the woods for about a week and hanging the buds inside of it would dry them well enough. I figure I can get a battery powered fan and set it in the corner of it to encourage air flow.

Its a 5'x5'x6' pop up shed

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...3&productId=100494644&N=10000003+90401+502219

If not, any alternatives? I don't want to do anything that will ruin the taste/aroma of the buds, I want to try and slow dry it and then curing will not be a problem.

On the curing matter, btw, would it be alright to put the jars underground while curing? What I mean is, putting them in a box buried underground and taking them out once a day to burp air etc. until cured?