Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question on drying weed.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by soldier1311, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Just got a free ounce from a friend that they grew. They had it drying for a week and gave it to me. It feels squishy and maybe a bit damp. Do I need to do something to let it dry or what? It's in a mason jar right now. If you need more pics let me know.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Verts, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    I prefer curing my buds in a glass jar. Keep it in there for 3-4 days or until it feels dry enough. Remember to take the lid off and air it out for a little while every day.

Edit: Also it looks like it needs to be trimmed up quite a bit.

3. Why would one dry out bud inside a jar? His problem is moisture, not curing. Leaving the jar closed isn't going to help release moisture.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sure it will. Keep some buds in a glass jar for a few days, making sure to open to it every so often, will absolutely dry it right out. 

5. I'm not so sure about that. The physics of it doesn't quite add up

6. That may or may not be true, but I assure you it has worked for me multiple times in the past. Have you never personally tried this method?

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    Absolutely. It makes my Buds smoother due to curing but not much drier.

I store buds for months in jars to PREVENT drying out since the moisture is equalized above the buds under the lid and has nowhere to be released. A short burping isn't going to encourage more and more water to move to the exterior environment.

My best results is laying the buds out on my desk for a bit then storing them in the jar. If the insides are still too moist when I go to grind I grind, lay the ground weed out on a paper flat for about 15 to 30 mins, then it's usually good to go.

Now I'm sure burping would work over a longer period of time, removing small amounts of moisture and letting it sit unlid for 5 mins at a time, but I'd rather just get them mostly good to go in a half hour to an hour

• Like Like x 2
  8. trim the leaves off..

let it sit out until the bud feels dry on the outside.

put it back in the jar..

open the jar the next day and leave it open till the buds feel dry again..

keep doing this every day until it doesn't feel moist anymore when you open the jar.

• Like Like x 1
  9. thats not an ounce