Question on drip rings.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dissident1970, Nov 8, 2010.

1. With my new grow, I am giving the waterfarm units a try, and they incorporate drip rings.

The instructions advise that with "water loving" plants, the pump for the ring should be left on continuously. Otherwise, the pump should be on a periodical timer.

Im looking for some advice on whether I should just leave the pump on, or put it on a timer schedule. I was thinking leaving it on during the "light" hours, and off during "dark", but I dont know if this will end up soaking the plant too much.

Any help apprecated :hello:

2. Id say you are correct - MJ is NOT a water lover.
    Something like 15 mins on - 30 mins off would probably do you ok, or even 15 on 60 off.
    I dont auto feed but continuously would probably drown your plants in like a week or so.

Your thinking about dark is good, leave off during the night.

3. Yeah I figured 30 minutes on, then 2 hours off during the light cycle.

Hard to believe that herb isnt considered "water loving" though. My last plant drank 1 gallon a day just before I chopped her.:smoke:

4. they like to have the roots get almost dry inbetween. I think by water loving they are saying needs constant watering (like an orchid)

5. Waterfarm is a hydro setup. Those drip rings are on 24/7. They create oxygen for the bucket. I also recommend a supplemental air stone for your res. This way no matter what your covered so your plants don't dround

6. Ok then, let me ask you..

If Im using rockwool as the main medium, with hydroton all around, do I position the drip ring so that the water surrounds the wool, but doesnt drip directly on it. I reasonably sure that having the ring drip directly on the wool will keep the block soaked constantly if the pump is on 24/7.

I wanna get this right. My seeds are germinating as we speak, so I need to have a plan for when I switch over.