Question on closet grow ventilation

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MarijuanaKTA, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Whats up guys Hopefully someone can help me out with this one.
    Im starting a closet grow and the only thing that I cant figure out is how to properly ventilate the closet,
    Where does the air go out and where does the new fresh air come from? Would I have to cut a hole in the door?
    Any imput would would be great!

2. well you do have that problem and you may need to cut holes in the door, wall, ceiling or rig up some kind of adapter to get air in. Remember you'll probably need to seal the light out, so you'll need to allow air in and out without light messing up your girls in flower. Typically you pull fresh air in from down low and push or pull hot air out from up high. Maybe air in from under the door and air out of some hole to a crawl space, another room, a vent, somewhere else that won't immediately go right back into your room's intake.

3. Ok makes sense...so if when I hookup my carbon filter/fan combo should it be on the intake side and blow into the light or should it be the opposite side and suck air?..if that makes any sense haha

4. Either at the beginning of the exhaust or at the end. Either way works.

5. Mine is like this.

Cabinet air, to carbon filter, to inline fan to ducting and out. I don't have anything but pantyhose on my intake to keep bugs out or the most part.

6. Word. Thanks for the help