Question on changing photoperiod.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gronkowski, Apr 11, 2013.

1. I have an indoor grow, in an area that ended up being more prone to high heat than I had originally planned, which has led me to the point where I am going to have to change my 18/6 light cycle from running during the heat of the day (5am-11pm,) as it currently is to a night time cycle (starting at maybe 7pm-1pm). So my question is how the the least stressful way to do this for my plants (around 6 weeks old).. Would I leave it on tonight and just give it the 6 hours of dark tomorrow, or can I leave it in tonight's dark period for 10-12 hours and go ahead and set the timer now? Or does it even matter?

2. Everyone is too stoned for this question bro lol

3. Don't know why nobody answered this, seems like a fair question, maybe they just missed it (bump)

I am a noob but the first option sounds better to me (leave it on tonight and just give it the 6 hours of dark tomorrow) Don't think it is as shocking while in veg

I'm sure if I am wrong you will get an answer now.... :D:D:D

Subbed

4. I'd prefer to give it more light oppose to more dark, but I can't see either way being extremely detrimental

5. Yea If your still vegging go light all day until u reach the dark period u want. Giving it 10-12 hrs dark could induce flowering and confuse the plant even though its just a day I would still just give em more light than dark

6. That's what I was wondering. Thanks.

7. i can tell you this. whatever you do? do it. dont dilly dally about it. they will trip for a day or two or not at all. i realize that you have alr4eady done whatever you did by now. maybe you could share that experience. what i am doing is im going to do a trial of 13.5 hrs to but because that is the length of day that causes them to go into the "grow your buds now signal by making more and more new white hairs as fast as you can mode" that is the day length outside when they naturally budding. im not sure yet if they will finish or if i will have to go down to 12 after they stop making new hairs but i wont do it until i see signs they are done putting out new hairs. if anyone has already tried this or know of a study?....