question: nutes, the creative/cheap/lazy way

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by silkyjohnson, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Whats up GC, i have just started my first grow (just some bagseed), and my main goal is to achieve the best quality bud i can, while spending the absolute least ammount of money possible. this is really JUST PRACTICE so i can learn first hand how to grow marijuana, so i want to keep the costs down big time.

my question is, what are some bootleg ass and creative ways to feed your plants? the cheaper the better! thanks to anyone who might have some interesting suggestions :smoke:

2. believe it or not but you can use your own urine w/ amazing results.. Sounds weird but look it up, urine actually has a high content of Nitrogen in it which is what plants like.. You use a 10-1 ratio mixed with water, cant use urine thats older than 24 hrs. But thats ok b/c you pee every day! Make sure you get the ratio right, or you will kill them for sure.

3. For Veg, use Miracle Grow Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food. It cost me $4.99 USD for enough to last me the entire veg cycle.

It's on Ganja Guerrilla's site (www.ganjaguarilla.net) as a "must have item" and I can vouch for it - I put a QUARTER of the recommended dose in when I watered my plants, and overnight a lot of the signs of nutrient deficiency started going away. Now, one watering later (nutes have only been applied once), even the clone that was yellow and almost dead is a nice green and growing fast. Expect about a half inch of growth per day while using this stuff, just like it says on GG's site.

Don't know about flowering yet because I'm still vegging my first real grow ;) I'm sure GG's recommendation will work though.

4. You'll need two basic ferts, one for vegging and one for flowering. You can use general purpose chemical ferts available at any Walmart, Home Depot, etc. Good brand names are Peter's and Schultz. You could pick up both a veg fert and flower fert for under $10 total.