question: I want to grow a single plant for personal use.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Codycjh, Jan 21, 2012.

1. #1 Codycjh, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
    I just want to grow a single plant for personal use, without using hydroponics :)
    Should I just get a little pot, fill it with soul and stick a seed in it and pray its female?
    What are things I can do to make sure it turns out ok?
    What soul should I use?
    Where in the sun should I put it ie, how much sun does a plant need?

Please take the time to help me out :)

(EDIT: Also is it ok to just grow a male plant, cure it and smoke it?

2. Most, if not all, of these questions have been answered in the stickies of this forum. If you really want to grow marijuana, you need to read, read, read.

Especially if you don't already know that we don't smoke male plants.

I'll try to help anyway.

I just want to grow a single plant for personal use, without using hydroponics :)
    Should I just get a little pot, fill it with soul and stick a seed in it and pray its female? You can, but there's better ways to do it

What are things I can do to make sure it turns out ok? Plant it in dirt, water it regularly, and give it light

What soil should I use? Just make sure it doesn't have time-released fertilizers

Where in the sun should I put it ie, how much sun does a plant need? During the veg cycle of the plant, it'll need between 24 and 18 hours of light.

Please take the time to help me out :)

(EDIT: Also is it ok to just grow a male plant, cure it and smoke it?) Nope. Not unless you want a headache.

3. I'm not sure how to respond to this... This isn't a house plant we're talking about. If you want a MJ plant to flower indoors you have to simulate the seasons to trigger the change. Most indoor growers use between 18 and 24 hours of light durring the veg stage and then simulate fall by switching to 12 to tell the plant it's time to flower. They need 12 uninterupted hours of dark, meaning NO light what so ever to flower. The best advise I can give you is to read all you can and learn about what you're trying to do. Start here...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...s-guide-get-you-started-growing-cannabis.html

4. What you described is about the extent of my entire grow and I'm almost to the point of flowering. Pick up some Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil and 2 5000K+ CFL bulbs and you can grow for ~$15 if you already have a pot, personal fan and grow space available. If you need to pick up a pot and fan, then it might cost you closer to $30 or $40, but growing can be basically effortless up until it comes time to adjust things for flowering and harvest. I germed my seed in water over night then popped it into the the soil. I haven't fed it any nutes yet and it hasn't had any problems. I'm not even sure that I want to feed it any nutes before flowering, it just hasn't needed anything yet.

5. Read the stickies, come back and ask specific questions that aren't already answered.