question hps or cfls?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by reddiesel1064, Dec 1, 2011.

1. okay well i have already built a ccab with dimensions of 52H 32W and 15 deep. and also have a pc box which i could start seedlings in, but i still have a quite a bit of space in the room were my cab and pc will be, so i was thinking of maybe getting like a 400w or 600w hps/ mh ballast kit, anyone have any input or advice? how well to the dimmable ballasts work? and would i be able to control the temps of the hps with just oscilation fans in the room?:confused:

2. Sorry i forgot to mention i wont be using my hps in my cab even tho it is dimmable. For my hps.ill me growing in an area.without any enclosure. Bout.12 ft.wide. Bout 8 to 10 ft deep an bout 10 ft high

3. The T5 I linked would be a great fit for that cabinet.

4. For my hps.ill me growing in an area.without any enclosure. Bout.12 ft.wide. Bout 8 to 10 ft deep an bout 10 ft high

that t5 bulb ia nice:D

5. Haha, sorry I guess I misunderstood your question? Youre looking for a light for your bigger grow area, not the cab.. gotcha. Well CFLs wouldnt make sense in an area that large obviously... I recommend Nextgen 400w ballasts then. Sorry for the confusion ;)

6. dam i just bought this one last night lol:rolleyes:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Product Description

600W Deluxe Wing Reflector Kit

[​IMG]
    BEST PRICE ON EBAY - FREE SHIPPING! - COMPARE WITH OTHERS ON EBAY!

Gotham Hydroponics is proud to offer our most popular grow light products as a "Kit". By purchasing Reflectors, Ballasts, and Bulbs together in a single sale, you receive a Kit discount, as well as saving on combined shipping costs. Every component in each of our HID lighting kits has been selected and tested to meet our exacting quality standards. We only select the highest quality components and stand behind them 100%. If you have any questions about our HID Lighting Kits, please call us - 845-504-5723

Kit Includes:

• Wing Reflector
    • 600w ReVolt Digital Dimmable Ballast
    • HPS 600w Bulb
    • MH 600w Bulb
    • YoYo Light Hangers
    • Analog Timer
    Wing Reflector

[​IMG]
    Specifications:

• 18" x 18" with wings fully extended
    • 8 folds for maximum light distribution
    • Extremely lightweight
    • Highest quality German Aluminum (95% Reflective)
    • Includes light socket and 15' cord
    • Standard universal type cord connector
    • Designed to exact standards for Indoor Gardening
    • Accepts all sizes MH and HPS bulbs

The lightweight design of this wing reflector makes it the best value of all the reflectors we sell. The 95% reflective specular aluminum wings are adjustable, to allow you to adjust the light direction depending on you growing area. Measuring 18" x 18", this reflector allows for an even light distribution. With a 400W Bulb & Ballast this reflector will ideally cover between 9 square feet and 16 square feet. A 600W will cover between 16 and 25 SF. 1000w will cover between 25 and 36 SF.

600w Dimmable Ballast

[​IMG]
    Specifications:

• Dimmable (Run ballast at 50%, 75%, or 100% power savings)
    • 30% Lumens increase (and 30% power savings) over Magnetic Ballasts
    • Runs cool and quit (up to 15% cooler than other digital ballasts)
    • Compact, lightweight design
    • Maximum Lumens with either High Pressure Sodium or Metal Halide Bulbs
    • Worldwide voltage input ñ 100V-268V (50-60Hz)
    • Universal Lamp Cord Receptacle (compatible with most reflector cords)
    • Fast start up, stable light output, and longer bulb life
    • Generator and Flip Box Ready
    • 3 Year Bumper to Bumper Warranty

Next to genetics, lighting is the most important factor for indoor gardening. ReVolt is proud to offer the latest advance in digital ballast technology. These digital dimmable ballasts offer a glimpse of the future of HID lighting control systems. They offer an improved design and increased efficiency, while delivering the best performance in the industry. Lab tests have shown that the ReVolt digital ballasts use up to 30% less electricity and are up to 30% brighter than traditional magnetic ballasts. Tested against the 3 top-selling brands in today's marketplace, ReVolt ballasts outperform them all in terms of power consumption and light output.

The dimmable option allows for maximum control of light and heat output during the growing cycle, cutting down electrical costs, and increasing bulb life. The internal components are of the highest quality. An internal cooling fan, and resin coated circuit board allow for the coolest possible operating temperature (up to 15% cooler that other digital ballasts), which in turn results in an extended life for your ballast.

Watch this ReVolt Ballast to Nextgen Ballast comparison video!

600w High Pressure Sodium (HPS) Bulb

[​IMG]
    Specifications:

• 600W HPS Bulb
    • 89,000 Lumens
    • 2100K Color Temperature
    • Optimized wavelenghs for Fruiting/Flowering
    • Designed for both Magnetic and Digital Ballasts

We were completely shocked when we did a test in the shop to compare the output of the Super Horti HPS bulb with our #1 selling Eye Hortilux bulb (The Eye Hortilux is also the most expensive light in the shop). The Super Horti beats the Hortilux by 5% more lumens output! Watch the YouTube video and see for yourself. The 600W Super Horti HPS puts out 89,000 lumens, and is specifically designed to output wavelengths optimized for flowering your plants.
    [​IMG]

600w Metal Halide (MH) Bulb

[​IMG]
    Specifications:

• 600W enhanced MH Bulb
    • 60,000 Lumens
    • 5200K Color Temperature
    • Optimized wavelenghs for Vegetative Growth
    • Designed for both Magnetic and Digital Ballasts

HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulbs are the preferred choice for indoor gardeners, providing custom targeted color spectrums to optimize photosynthetic reactions and enhance plant growth. These bulbs provide uniform color coverage, minimize lumen depreciation, and have excellent bulb life, resulting in lower operational and maintenance costs. All bulbs are designed for optimum use and maximum yield with both traditional Magnetic Ballasts and Electronic (dimmable or non-dimmable) Ballasts. Metal Halide bulbs output light wavelengths that are geared towards vegetative growth, and are perfect in the early stages of plant development.
    [​IMG]

Adjustable Light Hangers (YoYo)

[​IMG]
    Specifications:

• High Quality Construction
    • Stainless Steel Spring
    • Screw Hooks to hang from ceiling
    • Eyebolts to connect to reflector
    • Easily adjustable
    • Up to 24 Lbs capacity per pair
    • Maximum extension length - 36"
    • Lock in place at desired height

These high quality adjustable light hangers (YoYos) will ensure that your light is always the correct distance from your plants. You can adjust the height of your reflector as your plants grow. The easy to use twist lock keep the reflector at the desired height. 24lbs of maximum weight will work with even the largest reflectors.

Analog Timer

[​IMG]
    Specifications:

• Single Outlet Analog Timer
    • 120 Volt
    • 15 Amp
    • Heavy Duty Construction
    • 24 Hour Timer 15 Minute Increments
    • Easy To Use
    • 96 Individual Time Settings
    • 1 Year Warranty

This analog programmable timer is perfect for all hydroponic system. Whether you need to control your Lighting, Fans, Pumps, or any other aspect of your grow, this timer is the correct choice. The timer has 96 individual on/off time settings in 15 minute increments. These settings can be configured in any sequence to allow for maximum flexibility. A maximum of 15 Amps of power can be put on the timer, allowing for even a 1000W bulb to be used! A one year warrantee is included with all timers.

SHIPS within 1 business day.

7. Awesome! Good luck with your grow!