[Question] How long to rinse and dry activated carbon?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by LauroSkr, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Is this video right

He just rinses it and then it is ready to go? I have red that some dudes put it in water for 5 minutes then let it dry for hours or it wont work until it is dry. In the video he doesnt let it dry.
    Can i do everything like in the video and not inhale the dust from carbon? I really need to know cuz i am going to use the carbon for my first time this Friday

Thanks

2. #2 Reo, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
    yes rinse until there is no more dust. and let air dry completely. if you don't let it dry out then its sort of redundant. since how porius the carbon is...... an since the smoke needs to transfer through the carbon to work. but if its wet that isn't going to happen
    -
    -
    i did rinse it like he did but let id dry out completely but it took a couple days... and on another note if there is resin in the adapter, fresh carbon will alter it some how(goes foggy) and then you can just wipe off the resin.
    -
    -
    and the carbon adapter is nice every now and again. lets you take bigger hits and doesn't hurt the throat as much.

3. It needs to be dry ideally for optimum results ( as mentioned above )

I usually rinse a whole bag of carbon at a time in a muslin cloth in the sink, under running water, giving all the carbon a good shake throughout the wash, and when there is pure clean water coming out the other side, you are good to let it dry.
    Spread all the carbon out on a cloth and it will dry in about 2-4 hours.

Store it in a container and you just scoop out what you need when you need it.

4. #4 Frankenclyde, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
    Idk if its a bad stoner idea but when i buy a bag i rinse it all n a strainer and shake it dry really good then put it on a pan with parchment paper (not wax) and put it in for like 10 min without preheating n its dry as dry can get

Edit: put it in the oven at 350; no preheat