Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question for tokers with contacts

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Camilo202, May 15, 2009.

1. I've been smoking for about 3 months now, and I've noticed that everytime I toke, my eyes get dilated. I'm going to get contacts for my eyes soon, and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their contacts while being high. This is my first time getting contacts, so I'm not really sure what to expect.

2. i've had contacts for like, 8 years.. meaning i've had contacts for my entire smoking era, and i've never had a problem. if you have a problem, it won't be because your pupils are dilated, it'll be because your eyes get dry and the contacts get a little annoying when they're dry.

3. just buy some contact eyedrops and you will be fine.

4. some times mine get real dry when i toke up, but i put eyedrops in and its all good

5. as a fellow contact wearer, contacts are an excellent excuse for having red eyes and the visine bottle! (i have hard contacts which work fine with visine, i think soft contact users shy away from non-contact drops) .. just get whatever contact drops that also helps to relieve red eyes, not just straight lubricating drops.

and my eyes are red quite often, staring at a computer at work. wear my glasses around the house you can safely assume the red eyes are from something else :smoking:

6. My eyes used to get really bloodshot with my contacts, but now that I smoke more regularly, my eyes don't get nearly as bad anymore. My eyes stay mostly white when I smoke now unless I'm REALLY stoned.

7. true. i also notice that my eyes don't get bloodshot. or sometimes they do outside of the part covered by the contact. weird how that works.

8. saline solution for soft contact lenses. and NEVER use regular eye drops when your contacts are in it will irritate your eyes more than they were before and it burns. oh they make visine for contacts but i would just keep a bottle of RENU solution in your car. its cheap and it works the same as the drops for contacts. i wish Rhoto V would come out with drops for contacts, i love that cool refreshing feeling in my eyes when im high as a satellite.:smoking:

9. my eye doctor told me not to use renu saline solution as eye drops... or any kind of solution that you soak/clean your contacts with

10. My eyes don't get too red, but they always do feel warm and dry. But my contacts never fall out or give me problems.

11. #11 kevb, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009