Question for those who believe in a single life

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 1Trismegistus1, Nov 20, 2010.

1. What I mean by a single life, is that we are only in a body once before we die and then are judged. Also for those who believe belief in Jesus dying for our sins is the only way to heaven.

What is your view on those who die right after birth having never known Jesus, or those born in a place where there is no knowledge of Jesus as the saviour?

Does God condemn these people to hell right from the getgo? I'm just curious as to what your stance is on it.

The bible talks of reincarnation, and in the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna (God, the underlying Ultimate Reality) says "All paths lead unto me", which in my opinion is much closer to the truth, though it may take a million years on this earth before one has been purified enough to merge back into the Divinity aka Heaven.

I just wanted to know what you guys opinion is on the matter of Jesus seen as the physical incarnation of God (and not Christ as a state of cosmic consciousness) being the only way to Heaven.

2. Though I'm not religious, I can offer the perspective I was taught as a child.

My church didn't believe people were born with sin, and instead believed that infants and children who died would automatically got to heaven. But after a certain point you reach the "age of accountability" where you're able to know right from wrong, although the exact age varies from person to person. After you hit that age, you're required to get baptized etc.

The same principle held that people who weren't in their right mind weren't responsible for their actions, and thus the act of an insane person wouldn't be counted as a sin.

On the other hand, they believed that somebody could go to hell just because they'd never heard of Jesus, so go figure.

3. #3 ete23, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    the pinnacle is love

like i died
    and gone to heaven
    climbed inside a treasure
    died inside of pleasure

love
    i dont follow reincarnation
    i believe jesus just needed some pills
    one life to live, never ask for a mulligan

4. this is the paradox that made me stop following christianity

if those people who never heard of jesus or died too soon went to hell then god is a prick and your idea of him being all loving is bullshit / or if they DO go to heaven then jesus isnt really the only way and your religion has no foundation anymore

so basicly one of the 2 most important concepts in christianity has to be bullshit

• Like Like x 1
  5. I never got original sin. According to Christianity, didn't Jesus die to remove us of original sin?

6. The age of accountability is 7. Up until your seven years old you can kill a million people and still get into heaven, but when you turn seven your responsible for your actions.

so fucking ridiculous.

7. no no no no! it only works if you use the magic water when there babies

8. :confused_2: from my understanding..

sounds like a clusterfuck of misguided information.
    I think the urban dictionary hits it head on.

9. Theres a lot of different beliefs in the different denominations about this, and the texts of the bible certianly do leave us in places to speculate

Primitave Baptists, or "no hellers", believe that there is no literal hell, and that the world we are going through is hell.

Baptists believe in faith based salvation, which is what you guiys are talking about, and they're strict scriptualists, and from experience, literalists

all sorts of different denominations have different takes, most of which conflict with eachother. this is a main reason Christianity throws me for a loop

10. the church i went to taught that Jesus died to remove and forgive us of our sin. It was described that when God looked at us, he no longer saw sinful creatured because through the lense of Jesus, we were pure

what didn't make sense is... well... why doesn't that apply to all man rather than just those who believe in this?

11. because when you say the magic words and accept Jesus into your heart st peter writes your name into the book of life and its kinda like...to follow your lenses metaphor... the book of life is gods eye doctor and they adjust his glasses so that he can see you through them and if your names not in there st peter doesn't adjust gods glasses to fit his eyes..to see you... or somthing... idk this whole concept is retarded

• Like Like x 1
  12. yeah i get that, but if Jesus died to remove all of mankinds sins...

it seems like if you have to utter some majick words, he kinda died in vain?

that's where i but heads with the concept of salvation. it's phony

13. My view on the bible saying the only way into heaven is through Jesus is that it is just a threat to make people become Christians.

I think when Jesus was saying that he was the "son of god" he was actually kind of saying it to kind of throw people off because every man is a son of god and every woman is a daughter of god.

14. I've always thought maybe Jesus was misinterpreted or used by someone with a plan in mind.

For instance, I've thought before that maybe someone took things Jesus said, added to them and then created a book so that they could use it as some kind of power coonsolidation method. Think about it, Christianity's message includes a strongly inclusive, non-problem causing side to it. Maybe they thought by convincing people it was the truth they'd have an easier time ruling/becoming powerful.

Just an idea though, I obviously have no basis for it either so...shnerfy...

15. the salvation comes from what he tought , a diffewent way of living not based off greed that could set us free [expand the mind?] he died to try to teach us those things so in a difference sense he did die on the cross for us

but it didnt really turn into that.... god damn did the romans suck at playing whisper down the lane

16. #16 fieryflora, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010

Everyone is condemned to hell from the get go.

Yes, it does.

Sure, no matter what road you follow, eventually you will kneel before the Truth. He will have a reckoning with all, in this life or another, in this dimension or another. There is no path one can take to avoid this meeting.

It is our belief Jesus is the fulness of the God head in bodily form and God in flesh.

But philosophically seperate God and the Cosmic Consciousness, or please, aleast explain how you are using the latter term(if such a thing exists), so that it's existance can be separated from God. Thanks.

17. Cosmic Consciousness is essentially the Union of your individual consciousness/spirit with the omnipresent Spirit of God. It is essentially the reason Jesus was seen as Divine, and quite a few people have obtained this.

For those who follow yoga and/or believe in the Kundalini, Cosmic Consciousness is when the Kundalini rises all the way to the sahasrara/crown chakra and Nirvakalpi Samadhi is obtained, Heaven on earth and Divine power over this manifestation. It is essentially becoming the next closest thing to God Him/Her/Itself, but while incarnated. Our Spirit is the same as the "Holy Spirit", except that it is individualized and expressed through a body. It is sort of "awakening" to the Reality of what we are and being able to utilize our true potential. We are "made in God's image" in this aspect.

18. God forgives all... And you don't need to be catholic to be saved

19. I am quoting your quote and placing it in my sig as we speak.

20. far out...