Question for those in CO, WA

Discussion in 'General' started by QQbunnies, Jan 17, 2013.

1. So I was just sitting here thinking now that weed is basically legal in those states when does it take effect? I heard it would be a few months before you can buy it legally..

When it goes into effect where would it be sold? Dispensary, gas station.. ?

If I were living in Colorado could I go to a dealer and buy a half O and still be legal? Or would I have to buy it from an approved establishment?

Also, do the local cops follow the state law or the federal law?

That's basically all I thought of.. :smoke:

2. Eh... I think its gunna be a pain. But if you're on probation in wa or co and 21 er over, they aren't gunna dt you for weed...

3. It already took effect for smoking it legally. But It being sold is still a little ways off for both states. It'll be sold at a dispensary, separate from medicinal dispensaries. You have to buy it from an approved establishment, otherwise you break the law, and honestly it depends on the cop. Most won't care because it's such a waste of time to bust someone for that.

4. [quote name='"Wakenbake19"']It already took effect for smoking it legally. But It being sold is still a little ways off for both states. It'll be sold at a dispensary, separate from medicinal dispensaries. You have to buy it from an approved establishment, otherwise you break the law, and honestly it depends on the cop. Most won't care because it's such a waste of time to bust someone for that.[/quote]

Thanks man. I was just wondering.. I live in Minnesota lol so it's pretty far away from both
    I'm assuming that it will be medical grade?

5. I would think so, but really I have no idea. Haha.

6. Does every dispensary in CO require a red card for purchases? Is there any way for a individual who is 21, to purchase concentrates, buds, or edibles, safely and legally while in CO?

7. Yes, every legitimate dispensary needs to see your medical marijuana card, although I'm sure there are some who sell it illegally to those without them.

As for your last question, no. At least not until the marijuana stores are up and running (which will be a long time) or you get a red card.