Question for the older blades

Discussion in 'General' started by Mogwai, Feb 4, 2012.

1. I'm 22 and I can see that my life seems to be broken into "chapters". The part of live I am living in will end and a new one will pick up. I believe this is perpetual in life. Chances are it will always be this way.

The thing is... When I was 12 I thought "this is okay, but man being 7 was cool. So much easier". At 16 I thought it was aight but man, 12 was the days. At 18 I thought "I dig this, but man I didn't realize how nice it was to be 16"... and now I am thinking "22 is coo', but being 18 had such a charm to it and I totally missed it when I was living it".. hell I bet at one time I was 2 years thinking "this shit is neat but so complicated. Being a fetus was so awesome"

Will it always be like this? Will I someday look back and think 22 was "the fucking days"? Then will I look back and find I failed to realize how awesome 30 was, then 40 and 50? If I grow old, am I going to die with bittersweet memories about times I somewhat took for granted and times that seem like they came and went way too fast? Will I look back at every part of my life and think "that was it.. such solid times"?

I think I will, and I am not sure how I feel about that

2. Yeah.. I think everyone thinks that way.

3. But does it continue on and on through life or does it eventually level out?

4. I'm only 22, but I just want to add that I've always broke my life down into chapters as well...

It's the opposite for me though....The older I get the more I enjoy life

5. I'm pretty sure it continues. Don't you hear adults telling you how much easier life was as a youngin'? Sorry man, but I think it stays like that. :p

6. [quote name='"BA"']I'm only 22, but I just want to add that I've always broke my life down into chapters as well...

It's the opposite for me though....The older I get the more I enjoy life[/quote]

Word. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy life as I age too... but I always look back and feel like there was an element to that part of life that I totally overlooked. I felt it without realizing I was. I wouldn't say I enjoy life less though... probably about the same, give or take a bit

7. Life is what it is, just enjoy every experience and be filled with love and you won't regret anything.

:smoke:

Moral of the story: Being a kid was the best.

8. Me too, the older I get the easier life is. Don't get me wrong I had a blast thru all of those chapters, in fact as I look back I honestly can say I wouldn't change any of it. Even though I had some difficult times the lessons I learned seemed to stay with me and help me later. Best all around advice I would give is to keep an open mind and resist the temptation to do something that may come back to haunt you someday...

9. I think we all do that, man :smoke:

Just part of being human. Hindsight is always 20/20

10. No one is comprised of one person, everyone is made up of a collection a "selves" and in times of need we draw upon the collective experiences of all of those selves to solve a problem, im only 24 which is probably younger then most here but I learned this early. everyone has a young kid, a pubescent kid, a young adult, an adult, a middle ages person an old person inside them and we draw upon all these experiences to solve our problems.