Question for the Experienced Growers

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Blackmamba77, Jan 6, 2018.

1. There's nothing new under the sun. People have been trying this for ages. If it was best practice you would see everyone do it. Why would I clone a tiny plant when I could just regrow the big badass root and stem that I just cut down? It's because the reveg just never works out better. You have big delays getting it to grow right again. The root ball starts to get gigantic after only a single reveg. Hard to do it more then twice for sure.

I just really feel like people have been growing so long and this is so easy to do if it was all advantageous everyone would be doing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Perhaps, I believe since growing has gone mainstream that most people take the path of least resistance. I believe if the roots get to large I will just cut the bottom of the buckets out and transplant bucket on to another deeper medium. The over all condition of the revegged plants now look superior to the plant at this stage than it did during it's first grow. As for yield I cannot comment as I'm still vegging. Time will tell if it was worth the effort. I will say starting from a seed is easier than a reveg. My experience was really to see if it could be done and what the yield comparison would be and if it was worth the additional work. I also want to see if there are any noticable differences in quality of smoke. I have read some articles about this but wanted first hand knowledge with documented results in my own environment. So much of what is done is exaggerated on the net so it's difficult to gage what is truth. I try to be transparent as I conduct this grow so if results are positive other growers can decide if it is worth saving their plants.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. i found this was a waist to even just extend flower as a second harvest it hurts the plants so much.

i didnt find any help it was 3/4weeks before i saw any new growth.

if ur under leds it wouldn't be as much of a money/time waist but under hps/mh its a huge cost to you for them to be slow, with unknown results because every plant acts different as we all know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The progress is looking good bro, I was quite skeptical. Slowly but surely showing signs of a nice recovery. Keep us posted !!

5. Reveg is a great option for people with plant count issues. As you’ve seen it takes weeks to start the actual revegged growth. It’s hard to revert all those hormones. But it is a great way to save a good pheno if you don’t have a clone. As people have said you do end up with a less than spectacular plant if you reveg and reflower. But if you reveg and clone the revegged plant you can have great results.
    From what I know about it the issue is the root structure. When you go back to veg the roots want to grow. But the root structure has been dying off for weeks. The plant knew it was dying in the first flower cycle. It stops working below the ground especially at the end.
    So will it work? Yeah. It’ll look amazing too. You’ll have more nodes than you can imagine. But when you flower your buds will be less than they were. But any clones you take will be a nice phenotypical expression of the original.
    Ps some people will clone the reveg, grow it, and clone that clone before they reflower that plant to correct the pheno. Good luck.

6. Update: plants are looking better. 9 of the 13 seem to be doing well. 4 may need 7 gallon pots, growth on those has slowed. Will investigate that this weekend and see if it's a problem. I am still going to veg another week and see. I did have to switch out to led which I'm not thrilled about. My hps lamps were to much for the older electric in building so while that's being updated I'm running a couple hisdard 1000s. I know they r cheap but it's a temp thing. I will say it's nice to not need the vortex blowers running like a raped ape to keep the room cool anymore. Led does run alot cooler. Plant growth seems to be stable on the 9 and robust for most part. It def is alot more work to reveg. I will post some shots in non alien light this weekend.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Update 2- so things have progressed well under the alien lights. Plants are filling up scrog and I plan to flower soon. Reveg has worked in veg and now it's time to flower. I have a couple plants on the left side I'm allowing to catch up to rest and a need to chop out some lower leaves yet this weekend. It has def been an experience doing a reveg and has given me lots of challenges to over come. Getting the plants equal in height isn't as easy as a seed start. Growth in beginning was slow but has recovered now. The heartiness of plant seems nice and new branch production is faster now than original grow. I do have 3 plants smaller than all the others and if they do not pickup soon I will place them in a second room for continued veg. IMG_20180406_174923142.jpg IMG_20180406_174928620.jpg IMG_20180406_174937563.jpg IMG_20180406_174940269.jpg IMG_20180406_174947278.jpg IMG_20180406_175001074.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Update. Plants are now a couple days into flower. I had a 2 week rookie mistake I will share. I've been super busy and not doing my normal checks. Well that bit me in the ass as I had my main timer fail and had my girls under 24 hour light for the past 2 weeks. In all my years of grows I can't say I ever have done that. So far plants seem to have recovered fine and began a nice stretch under the 12-12 cycle now. I'm interested to see the yield of these 2nd season revegged plants. So far the stalks are super thick. The leaves have a nice sweet smell and new growth is robust. Now I'm just along for the ride and letting them flower. I will continue to tuck into the scrog for another week or so. Have some trimming to do under net. I attached a few pics of during tuck and after. As long as I don't make any more rookie mistakes I think they have a nice chance of being good yielders again. I will say it's been a fun ride doing a reveg. Def tested my patience. IMG_20180428_191938550_HDR.jpg IMG_20180428_192819746_HDR.jpg IMG_20180428_192827531_HDR.jpg IMG_20180428_192834360.jpg

9. Update 3. So flowering is going well. I'm roughly 7 weeks in. Lost 2 weeks due to a faulty timer. But otherwise reveg flowering has gone well, large amounts of bud sites, lots of resin production and buds are fattening by the day. I've comparred pics from first flower to now and main difference is height of plant and much less lower leaf growth under to scrog which I actually like. Less trimming for me. I've done some minor trimming above scrog to access more bud sites. Final yield will tell if this was worth it but it appears that reveg has been successful and yield will be similar if not better than first time around. Plants in general seem much easier to care for now, no nute issues and no bugs, plants are much more hearty and require minimal work on my part. That is a bit of a plus. IMG_00701.jpg IMG_00741.jpg imagejpeg_0_2.jpg