question for someone who grows outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by charlie067, Apr 14, 2003.

1. hey was just wondering it's the 14th of april me and my friend want to grow some outdoor i dont want to start plants inside then put them outside kuz i have no room for more plants in my grow rooom what is the best time to plant some seeds outdoors its just starting to warm up here i live in easterin canada the avrage is 30 degrees here and up during the summer when should i start planting and i need a link with info on how to make my outdoor plant not look like a christmas tree
    thx
    charlie067

2. bumped up for some canadian growers.......Peace out....Sid

ps i'm pretty sure now is the time to plant.....or very near it....

3. Allo man..... Im in the Sherbrook and Montreal area throughout the summers usually so this is my advice from this area and temps.... Outside up here is tricky to start sometimes, I mean you don't want to have two beautiful weeks then have a one nighter that kills your plants right.... I look for all the common weeds that grow around the woods sides of roads once everything starts peeking through the snow and the thaw is definately started (8 no more flurries and such ) I would say it's safe to strart because Marijuan is literally just another weed so it need most of the same conditions.... As for starting them outside even if you dont have room to grow I would start your seed inside small peat moss trays or those little seed starting boite things, no light is needed this will simply ensure your seeds will sprout... simply becasue Ive had a lot of trouble starting them in the ground up here.... It stays really way too moist and cool for about 3 weeks after the thaw... And the excess water in the ground doesn't drain off quickly so you can get your seeds to rot before they even have time to start growing... Once your seeds have sprouted though inside and you see the second set of leaves ( the two single leaves ) move them to your spot they should at this age grab realyl easily to their new area and start to grow up to be big and tall...or small and bushy... But as for when to start have at right NoW it's fine to start outside anytime after the second or third week in april, I have never had any trouble starting at this time... As long as it's not frosting @ night still!!! Dew is oK --- Frost BaD......

p.s....

If this is your first time outside up here read on... These are the trouble ive had and how I have countered them...

1. Slugs.. they love little plants and will fidn them, so to prevent this I use regular salt about 1.5 ft radius circle encompassing my plants. ( ever poured salt on a slug ) This is far enough away from your plants to not have the salt seeping right into the roots as that would kill them at such a young age but it will stop those slugs from killing them too.

2. Deer... Deer like salt... Not that the small amount you have will attract them liek a salt lick. So if your in an area where deer will probably be passing by you might be worried about these FuCkeR$ eating them now... Deer don't like humans or human scent for that matter so to get your scent around here simply piss on the trees, rub the bushes with your hands leaves and things, once your plants are older you can continue to piss aropund them and even closer to them urine actually contains alot of nutrients they can use.

3. Flies/Insects/Other creatures... I don't know how to stop these guys if they evn do get to your plants I havent had trouble with insects, mais I has freind s taht have. I don't use repellents on my plants I mean this is something your eventually goign to smoke so anythign you put on them dries on the and you smoke it so........ well.... I dont do it...

4. Other humans / Growers... These are your worst threat so keep your plant out of an odvious place... The best places are bushy areas/thickets/berries etc... Mainly get your plants in a spot peopel wouldnt walk through/hikers too... If you wouldn't walk there assume it's a good place most animals and humans dont liek to go through teh thickets right... Personally I liek to be able to walk by or even witrh others within 5-10 ft of plants and not have anyone with me notiuce them.... lol... If your pot smokin buddies can't notice them most other peopel won't notice them...

5... If there are any other problems at anytime post another thread Ill try and think of something to help... If you got another question on what i just wrote I check the forum nightly... so just adda response..... K

As far as anythign else goes the scent adn salt should stop anything from getting to your plants at their young ages... As they grow you can encounter other problems most of which you end up fighting until the end of teh season... Mites, spots, and such etc etc etc...

ok ok ok oko ciao man.....

Oh yeah your X-mas tree ???...... I dont really understand what you mean by not look like one.......

Addition to # 4 ... DONT LEAVE TRAILS.... liek takign teh same path to your plants everytime... try to zig-zag and go to them or just walk by them from a distance.... or different direction..... ( common sense )

4. i will do everything u said when i was saying i didnt want the plant to look like a christmas tree i meant i dont want that huge bushy look i want to trim them so there not that noticeable but i need to know how to trim them the right way

ps:this is just somethiing i have heard i heard that if u put a bunch of crushed up egg shells around the bottom of ur plants stalk it can help keep out slugs dont know if this is true or if it will work?

5. havent tried crushes shells but go ahead and try it shouldn't hurt your plant any.... tell me how it works out....

As for X-mas trees those are the straiv there are two types of plants usually sativah which is that tall ones YOU want and small stubby bushes of buds which are considered indica strain. This is really based on the plants strain so you have to grow it to fisgure out... but you shoudl tell within the first month or so what strain...
    This bushy one are less noticable though in patch of thickets or berries.... Tall ones stand out but if you still want tall ones just let the plant grow naturally.... You prune to cause a plant to stay smaller and bush out by forcing it's vegging at the nodes.... not the stem or main axil...

later man...

6. Personally....i think most poeple put their plants outside
    too early.... no big rush...there's lots of time for your plants
    to grow... If you wait until may...there's near zero risk of frost.... the other vegetation in your area has grown up... so there is better camoflage for your babies.... put your plants out early...when they are the greenest most tasty plants around and there will an animal "battle royale"...little critters fighting to be the one who gets to eat your greens...

a product to keep deer and animals away that works great is called "Skoot" ...its made in canada... not sure if available for our US friends... stuff stinks...but it keeps all animals away... (dont spray it in your plants....just the surrounding vegetation)

7. Know a few people that use Skoot.... They have never had problems if you go that way... It's an odd smell and critters stay away from things they don't know....

8. I wouldn't plant or put seeds in until the first week of June, but I would germinate the seeds a few days ahead of planting in the house.
    If you want to keep your plant from looking like a X-Mas tree, then after it gets a couple of feet tall top the plant. Then after you get the new shoots/branches growing upward a decent 6-12", top those. I would stop topping them when you notice them beginning to flower, unless it needs it.
    You should end up with something looking more like an up side down chandelier.
    I must add that all species have different characteristics, so some may bush out and stay wider, while others have a tendency to shoot up tall.

9. i planted them in my room with a light baulb for 12 hours 3 days in a row and water very littel then when they sprout out the ground i looked for a good day to plant it where thiers going to be alot of sun and plant them in a bigger container and they are growing really nice thier 5inches now and its been a week since they have been outside