Question for seasoned tokers who have smoked in jamaica

Discussion in 'General' started by clipse, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Ive been to Jamaica with my jamaican father so ive been to places in the bush where tourists could never go. I was not in a resort matter of fact i did not even go to negril i just experienced the real deal outside tourists area.

We bought weed here and there from different places and people and its obviously ALL outdoor. Most of it looks like what we would call "shwag". Very leafy,brownish (some is very seedy). but that doesnt mean its not good.(i got some stuff that smelt like mangos and fucked me up nicely) The weed there is extremely sticky like GUM and I find the high does not "knock you out as much" (i mostly had the "am i high?" buzz"). I Im guessing because Jamaica has more sativas but i dont think youd want the "couchblock" buzz in the jamaican sun anyways. We tried to argue with locals that our weed is better here in Canada but they beg to differ even if we have crazy hydro Boom looking stuff. They say, our weed is fabricated never seeing the sun and growning with chemicals. They are proud of their natural organic buds regardless of the high/the looks etc.

BTW a gram of weed costs 50$ in jamaican currency which is 1$ in our currency. Now i got to take advantage of the price because my father and jamaican heritage but some locals may try to charge you more or give you less. (its a hustla's lifestyle, youd never notice anyways since youd get the same amount for the price back home)
    It even happened to me because im half jamaican but i do not speak patwa so they know i am a "foreigner". I was given 1gram instead of 10grams for 500$ jamaican (10$ canadian) I didnt even mind but my father went back for the rest and cussed him out lol.

2. BTW after you blaze enjoy some JERK CHICKEN and tropical pop. *DROOLS*

3. I went to Jamaica on a RC cruise several times, one time after getting hammered at some bar, I got a cab ride and a half oz of some dank shit for 25 bucks. The cabbie just asked me if I needed any ganja, I did, so he passes back a bag with a couple big ass nuggets and told me the cab ride back to the dock and the bag would be $25. Needless to say, the rest of the cruise was awesome.

edit: this took place in ochos rios.