Question for Ron Paul supporters

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Baek215, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Did you guys always support him? Or I'm assuming 90% of you guys are jumping the bandwagon. If Ron Paul was really a threat to the government he wouldn't be alive. He's just another puppet. Open your eyes, this happened three years ago

2. A lot of people, like myself, switched to Ron Paul in the 2008 elections when the false choice between corporatist war mongering Democrats or corporatist war mongering Republicans became apparent.

Only idiots voted for Obama and expected change. The rest of us knew he was Bush 2.0. Just look at how the media treats Obama compared to Paul.

3. Idk, I have a feeling they're all the same.

4. Maybe you should do some research, Ron Paul is unique.

5. I could believe that if Ron Paul wasn't around for decades and didn't stick with the same ideals for decades. And I've been supporting RP since about 06

6. based on what, the fact he's still alive?

his voting record speaks for itself... a puppet for the constitution maybe

7. I choose to begin supporting Ron Paul this year. I didn't hop on a bandwagon, rather, I opened my eyes and realized that is was time to start developing my own views. (Opposed to the views of parents and friends).

I guess you could say, I hopped off of the bandwagon.

8. Haha someone graffitied "RON PAUL 2012" on a wall in my city. I dont really care much for politics but THAT is some dedication hahaha

9. Really? Because Obama said the same things, and we know he's no good. But yeah, if he really is a threat to the government, he would die from a car accident or heart attack or whatever.

What has Ron Paul done for the people as of today?

10. go look at his voting record

then again, if you dont understand the basic fundamentals of economics and liberty it wont matter...

politicians generally only do harm.. the best politicians dont want to "do" for the "people' they want to leave govt out of everyday lives...

11. Obama always supported empire and corporatism. I'm not sure how his supporters were led to believe otherwise.

He speaks the truth, for one.

12. Fought for their rights as outlined in the constitution? ;)

13. Do some research man.

14. #14 Lenny., Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
    My first documented post in favor on Ron Paul was on January 14, 2008 ( i recently searched some forums I go to). I think I watched a debate or a tv show in late 07 and I think Ron Paul really stood out.

I wouldn't really consider myself as a Ron Paul supporter but I think that he's one of the smartest and most practical politicians out there.

15. #15 tflga, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011
    The same?

wow.

Check his track record. Look at the policies, do the research. You can't take everything for face value

and ya it's not "hopping on the bandwagon" it's called opening your eyes, sorta the same thing someone said above.

16. If Ron Paul were a puppet the media would love him.

17. Project Vote Smart - Representative Ronald E. 'Ron' Paul - Voting Record

5/26/2011\tPatriot Act Extension Vote: No

12/15/2010\tDon't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act Vote: Yes

07/25/2007\tState and Federal Medical Marijuana Law Enforcement and Implementation (Vote to adopt an amendment that states the funds in HR 3093 will not be used by the Department of Justice to prevent the states of Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington from implementing their state laws regarding the distribution, possession, and cultivation of medical marijuana.) Vote: Yes

Project Vote Smart - Representative Michele Bachmann - Voting Record

05/26/2011\tPatriot Act Extension Vote: Yes

2/15/2010\tDon't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act Vote: No

07/25/2007\tState and Federal Medical Marijuana Law Enforcement and Implementation Vote: No

There are some cases where they voted the same way but the difference is clear. Ron Paul has a set of beliefs that stem from the constitution and Bachmann is just a typical neocon who is trying to pose as a Tea Party member.

I only looked at those two because I'm too high to go through every single candidate right now.

18. You should make your decisions based on facts and voting records, not the same gut feeling that made everyone vote for Obama because he could talk the talk (but not walk the walk).

At first I was amazed that there was finally a pro-pot candidate running for president. Then I found out he's right about everything, and I realized voting for anyone else would not help fix this country.

19. "Band-wagoners"? What, is he the Philadelphia fucking Eagles or the Miami goddamned Heat or something? Is he some indie band that went "mainstream" and we're not real fans unless we've been supporting him before he blew up?

The fact that The Powers That Be haven't "whacked" him and made it look like an accident or whatever is not evidence that he is a puppet. His words are actually backed up by what he says. If he was a puppet, the media would be all over his dick like they do Obama. The media treats him the way they do precisely because of what he says and how long he's been saying it.

The first time I heard of Ron Paul was probably 2006 or 2007. The first time I really looked into him was sometime in 07 or 08. I've watched as many political debates (GOP, Dem, Presidential, Vice-Pres) as possible since 03-04. So I was watching the 07-08 GOP debates causally, mainly for the lulz and to yell at my TV, when I first saw Dr. Paul speak.

I recall this awesome moment in one debate when Ron Paul mentioned that, as the CIA has said, blowback was the major factor motivating the attacks of 9-11. Rudy Giuliani interjected, saying that they hate us for our Freedoms, that our women wear jeans, we listen to Rock 'N Roll or the Beach Boys or whatever. In turn, Ron Paul proceeded to verbally assault him with logic. Rudy's head then exploded, and they had to pause the debate for a moment to scrape his brain matter off of the podium as well as to brush fragments of his skull out of Mitt Romney's hair.

I couldn't believe that someone was up there who has saying something different than all the other nearly identical buffons up there. I've been supporting him since then. This year I am supporting his campaign more seriously, I am looking into caucusing on his behalf, and perhaps attending the GOP debate to be held in my area :D

20. #20 Arteezy, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011
    I first became aware of Dr. Paul while watching the Republican debates in 2008.

These feelings that "they are the same" are best desribed as paranoid delusions.