Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question for patients...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by crohnie31, Dec 10, 2010.

1. #1 crohnie31, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
    I was just wondering how much your doctors are prescribing you to smoke a day? or are the doctors only used to determine you need the MMJ card? how do you all know how much you're supposed to be smoking?

And if any of you have Crohn's Disease or IBS... what strains seem to be the most helpful, and are you having good results?

2. Doctors just determine if you could be helped by MMJ. You smoke or otherwise medicate as needed.

3. Recommending doctors typically don't give out a dosage because it's not a prescription, it's a recommendation. You cannot be legally prescribed MMJ, only recommended. It's an important distinction.

4. You can't be prescribed Marijuana because it's not federally legal.
    It's a schedule 1 drug in mostly all sates besides Iowa.

Schedule 1 rules that the drugs listed in the bracket have a high potential for abuse and has no medical benefits.

Nobody can tell you how much to be smoking, that's up to YOU.
    In prop 215 it states that 8 ounces (half a pound) is sufficient amount of medicine.

5. My doctor inquired how much I would need at a maximum during a bad week. I answered "1 ounce per week". That amount is on my rec. No dosage per day is listed- that is left up to the patient.