Question for Owners of the RAW Stainless Steel Shredder

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by MarsColonist, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Hello everyone. Just bought a RAW Stainless Steel Shredder:
    https://rawthentic.com/prawducts/smoking-gear/grinders-shredders/raw-stainless-steel-shredder/

I was wanting to know if any of you own one, and if so if you had any problems with running it in the dishwasher.

I'm guessing you could likely run it in the dishwasher just because typically stainless steel cookware can go in the dishwasher and because RAW says it's stainless steel... but I'm not sure because it doesn't say it's 100% stainless steel and doesn't mention on the box or anything if it's dishwasher safe, so I just wanted to check (and the company didn't respond to any of the questions I emailed them about it... so I figured I'd try asking here...).

I suppose they could rightly say it is a "stainless steel" grinder if it's mostly stainless steel and has some other components that aren't necessarily stainless steel, so idk if there would be a problem with putting it in the dishwasher I guess... idk

Maybe I should just handwash it just to be safe?

2. Dishwasher won't clean a grinder. You need Denatured Alcohol and a toothbrush to get all the Cannabis resin off of it then just wash with a few drops of dish soap and the toothbrush.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I just want to pre-clean it before use in case there is any dirt, dust, grime, or any other kind of unwanted residue from the factory. So dishwasher would be easier, likely more thorough, and less time consuming than doing this by hand.

So just to be clear: there is no cannabis resin on it right now. That's not what I'm trying to clean off.

4. Hot soapy water and a stiff brush will get down in all the crevices and clean any machining oil and possible metal fragments. Dishwashers don't offer any scrubbing action.
    Just my 2 cents.

BNW

• Like Like x 1