Question for outdoor growers on the east coast

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Colenelson627, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Hey guys, I’m going to take a shot at growing my first plant outdoors, and I was wondering what’s the earliest I can start vegging in my grow tent? I live in Massachusetts and can’t find many guides to outdoor growing in New England. Also, I’ve got three different strains from ILGM (purple haze, super silver haze, and gold leaf***) so any suggestions as to which one would grow best around here would be appreciated. Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. What is you first frost date usually . And you can see on the strain description when it is estimated to be finished when grown outdoors.
    Also find out what the humidity around flower /Harvest time is. If high humidity look for strains that do well against mold.
    You can plant outdoors once the threat of frost is gone. Usually about mid May to June 1st.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

3. Wait a while, you want no risk of frost, once the plant is stunted due to the cold your overall yield will go way down. I’ve had plants I started in June yield way more than plants I started late April. I’m near where u live so the climates have gotta be similar

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. If you are starting indoors, you can start them whenever you want.
    2 things though.
    1) harden them off before transplanting outside.
    2) supplemental outdoor lighting to keep them from premature flowering.

5. I'm in Maine and I start mine now. But keep in mind they go out 4 footers the first of June.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fellow mass outdoor grower here. (Near Fitchburg) Your best answer has came from @masonjar420. I started mine inside around this time last year and they quickly outgrew their space. So if all you have is a 4x4 tent I’d wait. I’ll be starting my seeds inside first week of April and Bringing outside Memorial Day weekend. That’s the best way.
    So your question depends on how much space you have to grow inside really.
    As far as what strains work best stay away from Sativa doms around here. They don’t get enough time to flower out. I’ve had best luck with Indica dom hybrids. This year I’m running tgas purgatory and Jesus OG. Both Indica dom kushes. Trust me you want your fastest flowering strains outdoors. I lost over half my harvest to mold last year. Id be happy to help you with any questions. I’ve been doing the shit for years and live in mass

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. How do you transfer from inside to outside? Do you adjust indoor lighting to match the amount of sunlight hours?

8. I run my lights at 18 on and 6 off. On at 4am off at 10 pm. Just move them out first week of June. Never had a problem. Remember June 21st is longest day of the year and they will start to flower about last week of July.

• Like Like x 1