Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question for older smokers.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by RasPlasch, Nov 5, 2008.

1. I thought of a question while I was high last night. That is more directed towards older people like 25+. But younger can answer to.

Do any of your parents accept and... I guess understand that you smoke weed and why you smoke it? And have grown to be ok with it?

2. 25 here.. my mom's accepting of it. She'll eat edibles and doesnt complain when i blow bukket hits in her face, she justcoughs :D my mom's the shit! i <3 Her..

3. I'm 20 and I still live with the parents and they are really strict and ignorant of weed. They discard any proof of the benefits of marijuana. They have a negative sigma that will never go away. I am diagnosed with depression and anxiety and I am a medical marijuana patient and my parents know this. They are cool with me smoking, but they are still really against it. The only rule they have is that the house cannot smell like weed, which isn't a problem since my room has a balcony which happens to be my smoke spot.

4. I'm 19 and they accept and understand why! I've been fortunate to have smoked with both, even though once my mom grounded me for it :p

5. Yeah mine are chill. I always smoke with my dad and he helps me grow it. My mom is an old hippy and she always tells me about when she got high. She doesnt smoke much anymore but everynow and than she will ask me to roll her a J. Lol.

6. I'm 19 my father is 52, first time I got high was with him. Any more questions?

7. yeah, what's your middle name?

8. I'm 24, and both my parents are ok with me doing it and understand why I do it. They personally don't smoke (My mother has never even tried it) and my father works in the space program, though he use to smoke a little bit when he was younger. I'm the only one of 3 siblings which smoke and am also the most successful..a family..house..nice job..nice cars..etc.

P.S> just a statistical fact I read somewhere: Potheads are more likely to exceed in there jobs, miss less days of work and there is something else but I forget. Thought that was interesting cause it fits me and I'm a stoner for life most likely.

9. 18 (Just turned 18) Here. My parents know that I burn every night and I have my reasons for self-medicating. In fact, they are cool with me growing too :hello:

TG

10. 21. Mom has known about it since i was 17. Cool with me smoking. Prefers it because I eat more!

11. Yes, Before I was a MMJ patient my parents were against me using the herb, after i got legal my parents were no longer concerned with my herbal usage.

12. My dad's a cop. If it were legal, or I was a medical patient I would tell him straight up. But right now, I'm scared of him. He'd probably never accept it until I'm moved out.

13. Im 19 and I actually just told my parents that I'm smoking. They are both really religous were kinda shocked and concerned at first, but when i really sat down and talked to them about it and showed them that my use isn't ignorant they understood more and just apreciated the fact that I was being honest with them...such a huge weight off my shoulders not sneaking around and lying to my parents. It actually has almost made us closer...kinda weird but cool at the same time

14. 26 and they don't know, but would not approve at all. I recently had to move back in due to job loss and it's been a nightmare keeping it under wraps. I don't enjoy it as much because of all the precautions I have to take not to get caught.

Both parents are very conservative, and both were cigarette chain smokers and have quit.

15. #15 MrGers, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
    funny you should ask, im 22, going on 23 pretty soon, and livin at home and growin at home. my mom found my plant yesterday morning. this was the first time we had ever talked about using mj. she didnt seem to mind as long as i wasn't using everyday. surprised the fuck outta me.
    I told her I grow because "i don't want to have to deal with sketchy people" and she really liked that reason.

16. I'm about to be 24 and my mom caught me the first time when I was 14. Since I moved out she doesn't really care, and even cracks jokes about it sometimes. If I ever tell her about a problem of any kind though she's quick to say "maybe its time you quit the pot".:rolleyes:

17. I'm only 18 and my mom knows I smoke for insomnia and doesn't care. When I was 16 she even bought me cannabutter and a vaporizer

18. 18 & Senior in high school. My parents found out cause my mom constantly goes through my shit. at first they took my shit and threw it in a dirty ass pond thats kinda near our house. eventually i told them and they're not okay with it.. but they're not .. not okay with it. they're really hard to read on it. i still have to hide some of it (smoking & driving especially).

19. This forum is seriously lacking in "older smokers."

20. I like that... not having to deal with sketchy people. I plan on growing this coming spring. If my parents ask, then thats what I'm going to say.

Thanks for the responses so far!

This thread has made me notice how young the GC community is.