Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question for oil smokers.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Mr. Moose, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Hey guys. I have been making BHO for about a year now. The progression from when I started to now has been pretty signifigant. It is usually a golden laffy taffy consistancy when im done working it. Here is my question. How much better does vac purging make your oil? I have been looking into it for a while now. From what I can gather from threads the oil always looks way better once it has been vac purged, but does it actually make it better?

If it really is worth it, I was thinking about buying the purge kit on this website. Does anyone have anything like this? What other setups are you more experienced oil makers using.

Would really appreciate some extra guidance. Thanks guys.

2. Well a vac will ensure your getting the absolute most amount of butane out of your oil as possible. Not to say a hot water bath and popping tane bubbles cant purge fully, but why not use the best available tool for the job(purging). Another big benefit is that you dont need to use excessive heat for long periods of time(some use absolutely no heat under vac, as a vacuum lowers the temp. requirements, altough i cant say for certain how much lower heat you need.) I would assume you already no this moose, but heat kills your flavor(terpenes/terpenoids/flavenoids; w/e the hell you wanan call em)the higher your heat and more time spent at that heat, the less flavor youll have in your end product. So a vac allows you to ensure a proper purge and definitely makes preserving flavor easier. Does that classify it as better than non-vacced bho? Idk..ill always take vac purged over other methods, but thats just me. Theres not some magical difference in vac purged really, i assume youre referring to honeycomb? Everyone seems to have a fascination with honeycomb lulz.

3. I friggin hate honeycomb, looks cool but it's a bitch to actually dab, and I have not had a honeycomb that was super flavorful either...

4. haha yea not a huge fan of honeycomb either. Always falling of the dabber. Kush, thanks for advice. This is the set up I was looking at getting. Does it have everything I am going to need? It is at the bottom of the page.
    Products