Question For My Next Grow??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by memiked, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Hello,
    I Am A Newbie To All Of This And Have A Very Important Question. First A Little Backround. I Am Using A Hydro System To Grow A Max Of 4 Plants, Using Bc Grow Nutrients. My Lighting Is A 250 Watt Fluor For Veg And I Have A 250 Hps For Bloom. The Setup Is In A Closet Which Is About 4 ' Depth And Like 12 In Length Pushed Into One Corner And Left Undistrubed. The Last Attempt I Made At Growing The Veg Stage Went Great Those Badboys Looked Awesome. As Soon As I Changed Lighting Within A Few Days The Plants Started To Dry Out And Die. I Had The Light 10 Inches From The Plants And Moved Farther Away As I Noticed The Discoloration And Dying Of Leaves. I Am Curious If The Light Is Too Powerful For Only 4 Little Girls, I Also Have A 125 Hps That I Was Thinking About Using This Time Around. Please Give Any Kinds Of Advice

2. Can Someone Please Help Me Out I Need To Know So I Can Start Out

3. well mate, i don't grow hydro, "unoit" would be better suited to answering this one, however the 250HPS is a great light for 4 plants, i'd use it for the whole grow if i were you..........may not stress them whan the switch comes...........also what were the temps in the room the last time, as heat from a HPS can be a problem, especially if you keep the ballast in the same room............ps for flowering, it's allmost a case of the more light the merrier, as long as the temps are o.k..........this will increase the yield of the plants.................what do you mean by "dry out"...........did the leaves go dry and crispy?..............if so it may have been your hydro mix, and it's a diffrent mix for flowering as far as i know.............allthough hydro and soil are diffrent, the plant problems are allways the same........even down to ph..............Peace out.........Sid