Question for Moderators

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by AugustWest, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 AugustWest, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
    Hi :)

A thread in the politics forum was deleted today.. reason: "we have plenty of threads on Obama already"

does this mean no more new threads about the President of the United States in the politics forum? The reason I ask is because obviously Obama is a pretty big political figure, and not being allowed to make threads about him would kind of make a politics forum useless.

thanks for reading this post :)

AW

2. Are you referring to the "one word about obama" thread? It was kinda a game almost haha, and i mean... we DO have a bunch of threads on Obama, i dont see why we need one where people jokingly put up words, mostly aimed at being funny or saying hes a puppet or whatnot when we already have plenty of threads where people can voice their opinions on Obama

Now, im not saying there cant be more obama threads, but this one specifically wasnt really necessary in anyway...

Im not sure why Will put that down though, perhaps he will chime in

3. Was that thread breaking any rules? Or was an annoyed mod abusing their power? If it was breaking any forum rules, then yeah, delete it. But I don't know if it was against GC policy or not.

4. Pretty much this exactly.

5. it was a thread where you go in and post 1 word describing obama lol

while the person in question is a political figure, posting 1 word posts about him isnt even close to a political discussion... its a game...

not really a political issue, topic, or event really.....

Also, if you read the rules it in no way implies a thread has to be breaking rules to be closed/moved/deleted...

6. thanks for clearing that up..

i do wonder that if it were a "say something positive about Obama in 1 word" thread, if Will would have deleted it.

but that's neither here nor there..

thanks again.

7. Ahh, didn't know that last part. Alright then haha.

8. lol AW, you know just as well as I just because the thread says put a positive word, that doesnt alter the universe to only allow Pro obama people to post

:p hahaha

9. yeah man.. but you know what i mean.

if that thread were "say 1 word about Bush" will woulda let that thing go on forever.

just sayin man..

(no i don't like bush or think he's better than obama)

10. I like bush better then Obama.... ohh you mean the president.

11. [​IMG]

for president 2016

12. I'm just butthurt that Judge Judy got cancelled due to inauguration coverage :mad:

13. In b4 closed for review

14. Ooh. This is interesting (watching the mods interact). :)

Let me do my popcorn GIF thing:

[​IMG]

Ahhhhh, yes.... :D :smoking:

15. My money's on Will

16. Question has been answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.