Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question for MMJ Patients

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by crohnie31, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys I am moving to Maine soon and cannot wait to get my MMJ card :smoking:!!! I have Crohn's Disease and I have had constant pain everyday for the past 5 years.

I was just wondering how patients are able to travel (going through airports) when marijuana obviously isn't legal everywhere. Currently I am on pills from a pain management doctor but I would like to cut them out as much as possible.

So I guess I'm wondering if doctors will prescribe you medicine for pain while you are also smoking marijuana or how else do they handle it? Basically for 1) when you have to travel or 2) marijuana doesn't ALWAYS help with pain completely....

Thanks for your help!

2. You can't travel with it outside of your state. Other states may accept your MMJ card at clinics the same as their own but you can't take your bud to the airport.

I'm not sure how Maine is but here in California, I went to a different doctor and just showed him my prescription bottle and he asked me if I had any other health issues.
    It doesn't help with pain in the sense that it makes it stop hurting but it makes it a lot easier to deal with. Kind of takes the edge of so to speak.

3. I think it will be a long long time before any of us are allowed to take it through an airport. Here in Vermont I can't even legally travel within my own state unless it is locked inside a box while in my car. Not supposed to use it if I am going to drive. Not supposed to use it in public. So I guess the only time they figure it should even be in my car is while I am getting it, which here as yet, we are on our own to procure.

4. There's a sticky thread above all about traveling and states with reciprocity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.