Question for hydro growers only

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hoast, Dec 16, 2005.

1. With this setup here,
    [​IMG]

With my buckets filled with the rock, how should I start the plants? should we start them in rockwool cubes under the light and once they grow roots put them in the rocks? Im a little unclear still.. because we are growing from seed, so we cant just put them directly into rockwool, then directly into the bucket.

2. I have used peat pots but grow cubes should work. I am going to try that next myself. Just get them started and stick in the rocks.

3. Ok well I planned on just getting cubes, germinating the seeds and puttin em in there and growing.. then just puttin em in the rocks and turning it on

4. that works just make sure you ph your rockwool cubes....... trust me i found out the hard way.........germinated the seeds put it in the cube got my little sprouts and within a week it died cause the ph was all off but

5. what should the ph in a cube be.. and if its too high or low, should i just throw it out?

im not sure if im going to just start them in rockwool now because we need to figure out if they're males or not before we put em in the system

6. rockwool cubes have a ph of around 8. To condition rockwool, fill a shallow tray with ph adjusted water of 5.5. The cubes MUST be saturated for 12-24hrs to bring the ph down to 6.3