Question for flipping.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LibertyFarm, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Hi. First time grower. Is there any particular steps I need to take before flipping my plants to flower. Feeding? Watering? Half of them will be going to a different room.
    Blueberry kush
    Cali kush.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Hi...

Hydro or soil?
    What are you currently feeding them?

I'm a hydro grower and I will usually flush the grow medium for a couple of hours to remove the nutrient buildup. I then move to a transition nutrient solution (halfway between my veg nutes and my flower nutes) for a week and then on to my flowering nutes. Most nutrient feeding programs have a veg and flower mixtures.

More info on your setup would be helpful to get the correct answers.

Good luck!

3. Thanks. They are in Soil in 3 gallon geo pots. Feeding medi one every 3 or 4 days. Watering in between. Thinking about flipping in the next 12 hrs

4. There's nothing you really NEED to do when flipping to 12/12 for flowering. I usually flush the day before, and then put my plants in complete darkness for 48 hours before transitioning to 12/12.

5. Ok. How's that work out for you. Do you use 1000w sodiums?

6. Yes, I use a single 1000w HPS. It works well for me. Is there a better way to do it? Probably. But I've had good results.

7. Thanks for the info.

8. Do you have a metal Halide bulb too, or are you only running HPS? Your plants will stretch more under the HPS than under the Metal Halide bulbs. If height is an issue, it may be helpful in keeping your plants shorter.

I run the metal Halide during veg AND the first two weeks of flower to reduce flowering stretch. Then I switch to HPS in the third week of flower.

Just another option for you.

Best of luck with your flowering!

9. I use an LED lighting solution for the vegetative stage, in a separate tent. When I swap to flowering I move the plants into the flowering room, put them in darkness for 48 hours, and then switch on the 1000w HPS 12/12.

10. 2017-02-20 15.35.10.jpg This is my setup. The 600w (equivalent) LED does a fine job with vegging and clone propagation. The 1000w HPS is a bit overkill for my grow space, but I do co2 injection, so the plants eat it up.

• Like Like x 1