Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

question for everyone

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by numlock, Jun 9, 2004.

1. so ive been smoking for about a year ... not often though ... maybe over the whole year it averages to about once a week.
    when i was in atlanta i usually smoked dank which was some pretty good stuff. i only had regs when i went back down to miami and i noticed how much more i had to smoke to get the same high.
    now for the summer i am studying abroad in france and i went to amsterdam recently. i got some ak47 bud and some grey haze. i plan to go in a couple weeks again to try the blueberry.
    ok so my main question is how much do you smoke to get you high and of what kind ... with the dank from atlanta, or any bud from amsterdam .. i usually smoke about something the size of a marble ... or imagine a sphere with the diameter of a dime... and that will get me pretty high. if i smoke more do you think i'll get higher? once i smoke a small bowl i usually just stop cause i think im high enough cause ill either get tired or eat and then get tired.
    anyway im just wondering because when i hear people say "i smoked 3 bowls" and stuff like that i wonder if it was crappy stuff ... or maybe they had good stuff and just got super high ... but i always thought there was a plateau you reach and just can't get higher ... so you end up wasting weed once you reach that level.

2. yeah there is a plateau, but when someone says "i smoked 3 bowls" its kinda a vague statement. You never know how big the bowl they're smoking out of is, or how many people they smoked with, so its pretty pointless to say that. I live in atlanta, and i get dank. When i smoked by myself, yeah, i'd say a "marble sized" amount would get me high. Thats about how much fits into my bowl. But i rarely smoke by myself...

when im with a group of friends, usually 3 of them, we pack and pass a bowl probably 4-5 times to get me just as high as i would be smoking by myself...

i dunno if you'll get any higher because everyone has a different tolerance level. Only one way to find out, right?

3. yeah, i'd say about the same, i just fill my bowl, and that'll do the trick, if it's a J, i've got some NL at the moment that i bought from England, and i'd get a good buzz from 1 Joint........but i just dried out some of my Blueberry, and smoked 1/2 a J of it, and i'm feeling more than a full J of NL..........but it's a completely diffrent high........

there is a plateau, sometimes it's hard to just keep yourself up at that plateau, if you plan on finding it, may i suggest a bong, and a comfortable room, and a good sofa........munchies in hand, remote controls, phone, liquid refreshment, and a good dvd allready loaded into the player.........less hastle this way.........lol........and just keep smoking until you allmost smoke yourself retatrded.........

now being that stoned isn't everyones cup of tea.........some like to stop before that, but you'll eventually find your own personal level, and it may increase with useage, as you build a tolerance...........some blades like to stop for a few weeks, to save on weed, and get that effect again, and quicker........

may i also suggest getting an Indica smoke, or "couch lock", as woody would call it..........as opposed to a Sativa that'll have you hoovering at 3am..............good luck, and make sure you go for a smoke in the Vondelpark, and watch the ducks........it's great.........i love the Dam.........Peace out.......Sid

4. it's all about tolerance too. some of have smoked longer than we can remember. personally, one bowl doesn't even register in my system. most of the time, 3 bowls don't cut it, but i have to conserve the green for later or I'd smoke an 1/8 a day by myself without thinking. but i like to be high as i can cause it's the only way i feel normal. like everything, we're all different

5. yeah, i have to smoke a "marbles" worth. a marble is probably the amount that is a "bowls" worth, a little less for glass, they are smaller. i can smoke a half a J and be buzzing or a little high. usually 3 quarters of a J does it, or one-two bowls worth. and a half a blunt does it. me and my friend, if we smoke, smoke about 2-3 bowls worth out of a bong, and i get high. i just took 3 hits from my pipe though and i am buzzing like i drank a beer or two.

6. If I smoke a J to myself, I get so fucked that the room spins. But I ususally shre my weed with the people I live with. but it's usually about 3-4 huge hauls on a blunt before I feel anything. or 2 big rips on a bong.

7. hmm... never noticed a plateau myself??

an ounce certainly gets me more stoned than a half ounce gets me more stoned than a quarter gets me more stoned than an eighth gets me more stoned than a gram gets me more stoned than a dube.... everyone get that??? hehehe

anyways, i loooooove smoking a HUGE bag, but i also like the high you get from just smokin a small bowl. differant highs for different times i guess.

8. lol :D who doesnt like a lil experiment once n a while!!??

9. For me, it really depends on the situation.

If I'm chilling with friends during the day with lots of time on my hands, I wont think twice about smoking through an entire sack.

But when I'm by myself, smoking to help goto sleep at night or something, I'll just pack up one bowl in my pipe. It's a small bowl, but it gets me just enough to stay high for a little while before going into a peaceful sleep. No need to smoke bowl after bowl if I'm just going to be sleeping in a half hour.

10. hahah you and person you quoted got me laughing. it depends on how potent the bud is...sometimes a bowl to myself will get me pretty blazed and othertimes i need 2 blunts to get a nice high

11. "i get high when i smoke weed."

...agreed! :) Normally a joint of low grade will get me gone, a one-hitter of the low grade takes constants hits just to maintain...very shitty.

Did get my first Kind a week ago. Stayed bombed out of my face with just a hit every now and then (one per hour maybe?). "Hit" being loading it with a little bud and killing that.

Got on a hookah at a friend's house last night for the first time. Let's just say that there four of us and only a few non-retarded thoughts past that!

heh...just realized i'm replying to a thread in a Seasoned Tokers forum and admitting to being a beginner...ironic or just retarded? heh....er, sorry....*crawls back out the door**

;)

12. dude u need to get around...ive seen nice glass pieces u could pack a half a gram into maybe even more.

13. the only thing i smoke is skunk strands cause thats all i can get. every now and then i might find some white rhino or purple haze. but skunk normally out of my skully. (to anybody who has seen the pics of my skull bowl) it can hold about a gram and it takes me about 3 bowls to get high. I have never missed 4:20 in 1 year and i have smoked a bong a day for the last 3 years. a bong a day keeps the fienden away. but no shwag. i havnt smoked shwag in like 3 1/2 years. and i smoke maybe a half ounce a day between 2-3 people including myself.

14. hahahahahah a truck carrying two portajohns just went by doin like 50 and they fell off....hahahahahahahaha

15. I would probably smoke around 1/2 a pinky fingers worth of bud per day. Usually Cherry, or Silver Pearl, sometimes White Rhino and occasionally AK47. I usually spot it on the gas burner with knives. I'll smoke on my own, no problem, but I do prefer the sharing ritual and the out of it conversations that take place.

16. i usually do a bowl, or if im celebrating ill hit a couple, or ill split 1.5 bowls into two so that by the time im hitting hte second bowl im high

i LOVE to smoke while high, holding in hits just feels sooooo damn good

17. Mmmm...nothing beats seven Fridays a week.

18. im the most irresponsible. i smoke somewhere around an onion every 2 weeks. and i smoke from several different tools. i have a bong, it gets used atleast once a day, a one hitter that mostly stays in the car, a bowl, gravity bong and i always keep the dutchmasters handy. starting off with my new bag, ill roll blunts, which is something i dont normally do if im solo. but last couple of weeks with the weather being all nice, i cant resist sitting in my backyard takin one to the head. ill smoke on my way to work, during lunch and on the way home. another bowl before dinner, and a couple after. all the weed used that day, maybe a lil less than 2 grams. im making 30 grams last a full 14days. so i guess smokin 2 grams a day, isnt so bad. but daym do i get ripped :D i normally smoke 3 micro bowls at a time anymore and im askin for trouble.