Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question for cigarette smokers, why?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kronman907, Aug 18, 2011.

1. 1.You don't get high
    2. The cost
    3. The effects on your body
    4. Nasty ass smell
    5. The addiction

Why put your self
    Through all that?

2. I started smoking cigarettes before weed, so I just naturally smoked them. I smoke menthol just because it kicks my high in most of the time

3. It's the cancer man, people just love it.

4. This is a bad community. We're weed smokers, we're not supposed to give a fuck?

If people want to smoke tobacco, let them. It doesn't hurt you. Fucking moaners, you sounds like those pricks who say "Why do you smoke weed? it's only bad for you"

5. 1. The Head Rush
    2. Chill feeling
    3. Socially acceptable
    4. Easily accessible
    5. Doesn't fuck you up
    6. Pretty chill if you smoke after you blaze
    7. Something to do

(I only smoke 1-2 cigarettes a day, mainly when I smoke weed).

I don't understand the people who smoke packs a day, that's pretty disgusting.

6. Well, a few reasons. I'll just try to counter your points.

1. You get a buzz/a nice sense of relief when you blow a fag. Opportunities to smoke cigs are much more available because it's not really an illegal activity.
    2. Cost can be annoying, it's a price you pay for anything, literally.
    3. The biggest problem is when you start up you think, "never me" or "that's way in the future". This point is pretty unfair because in the back of out minds we know, obviously, people somehow never fail to mention this to us.
    4. I like the smell of cigarettes. Only part I don't like is when my room smells like stale nicotine. I try to keep the smell off of me as much as possible.
    5. The addiction is what gives you that feeling of relief and satisfaction when you smoke. Imagine you eat a wonderful steak dinner, you taste it all and you enjoy it. Go out to your back porch and light up a cig and be social/feel good after eating a large meal.

Also, smoking after toking is the most wonderful thing. Always have to follow up.

7. He's not being a dick or judging anyone, he just doesn't get why people do smoke cigarettes. I personally don't and will never smoke cigarettes.

It's psychological.
    People like to have a "fix." When you're addicted to something, it feels good to get that. People know they're bad, but sometimes it feels good purely to have an addiction. It's almost like a cheap hobby.

8. I actually smoke because it reminds me of my childhood and how easily and beautiful life was as a 14-16 year old.

Is that a bad thing?

9. Heroin is a cheaper hobby then ciggarttes ;)

10. Arista agreed.

11. I started smoking to look cool and your answer is question number 5.

12. because im addicted. :smoking:

13. Nothing like blowing a nice fag to start your day :)

14. There is a "high" from cigarettes. It's not a weed high of course, it's a stimulant high. Claiming that smokers don't smoke because of the actual effects of the drug but rather for social reasons is, in my opinion, complete bullshit.

People smoke cigarettes because they like nicotine just as people smoke weed because they like cannabinoids. Some people like neither, some like only one and not the other, and some like both. Just as with any other drug. I don't know what could possibly be confusing about that. Drugs can get you high. People like to get high. Thus, people do drugs.......am I missing something? :confused:

15. A Question for the OP, why?

Why did you post this in the wrong forum? This thread has nothing at all to do with cannabis.

16. Why? Why you ask?
    I've got a question for you.
    Why don't you stop worrying about what I'm doing and do you playboy?
    I don't have to explain a damn thing I do to anybody.....
    ...well?

17. :eek:

18. For me, the answer is question number 5

19. He pretty much answered his own question in his first post, and yeah, what the fuck does this have to do with marijuana?