Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

question for cig smokers

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xmmanx, Jan 24, 2009.

1. heres the story....back before i started smoking cigs i never really coughed when blazing. if i took a huge rip id sometimes cough a little but for the most part i never coughed. then i started smoking cigs for a while and was alright. then i got sick, just a bad common cold and instead of stopping smoking cigs/pot when i got sick i still smoked.

after that i got this really, really bad cough. the cold went away but i still had the cough. at this point i was smoking half a pack to a pack a day. when smoking weed every hit i took, big or small, i would have really bad coughing. sometimes id cough so hard id throw up a bit. i never coughed while smoking cigs tho, only the pot.

a month or two went by, still coughing while smoking pot, sometimes it was better than other times. i ended up cutting back significantly on the cigs, only 3-5 a day and my cough slowely went away. i could smoke pot and not be coughing. unfortunately, with cigs being the way they are, ive started smoking more again, 5-10 a day. the other night i was having a session with my friends and i took one of the last hits of the bowl and it didnt go down well. i felt the urge to cough but instead i just threw up a bit in a my mouth. it sucks, its gross and its awkward in front of people.

anyone else ever have shit like this?

2. well like you my friend i have the nasty habit of smoking cigs too...i have athsma but its not bad at all...and i smoke 5-8 a day and toke then smoke a cig...iv'e coughed on some weak stuff since smoking cigs but not as bad as your saying...so im not sure whats going on?? sorry bro...i hope it gets better...:smoking:

3. Same exact thing happened to me. All I did was start smoking non menthol or light menthol cigarettes and it went away. I think Its because menthol puts tiny cuts in your lungs.

4. When you smoke cigs it constricts the airway and lungs. So when you smoke weed, I imagine you take a bigger hit than a cig, but since your lungs are sort of tight it hurts to take a big breath of something burning. When you stopped smoking the cigs, the lungs start to repair themselves thus reducing the coughing while smoking weed.

5. Same thing here bro.
    I cough nearly every time I smoke weed, and when I'm with friends I tend to cough more, lol. I blame it on cigarettes as well.

I think the idea here is that smoking cigarettes decreases lung capacity, so when you inhale pot and keep it in your lungs until you exhale, your lungs are overcapacitated causing you too release it and cough.

6. You're a dumbass and I can telll it just from this post for so many reasons dood.
    Go fuck urself lol

7. Why is he a dumbass, he's just posting his opinion.
    And mentholated cigarettes do tend to cause different effects on the lungs and throat, not necessarily "cuts", but he might not be far off.

8. Go fuck ur mother.

9. whats your problem? fuckin chill yo

10. yeah i think the menthol definitely makes a difference. i stopped smoking my lovely newports a while ago cuz they were really bugging my throat. i just smoked regular cigs now....reds, 27s, parliaments, camels, etc.

11. U being a dumbass is my fucking prolem.
    Now u can go fuck ur mother.

12. [​IMG]

? whats your problem dude? you know Admins dont like that type of talk on a forum.

this is how a forum works, when you post the shit in your head here.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is why your lungs hurt. smoking just causes you to waste more bills on top of weed. personally, i'd rather take the .5, instead of paying 3 bucks for a pack.

13. You're so cool dood
    You can put the pictures in your post!

14. no dude, pictures can explain shit, without a wall of text.

15. Sobu fails -_-

Anyway, I smoke a pack a day, and I've never really had this problem.

16. Stop flaming and putting down others just because you feel insecure with your pointless existence. :mad:

17. Yeah, its the cigarettes. They make my throat hurt after I smoke them (just got over being sick). When I blaze my throat doesnt hurt.

18. Dude the same exact shit happened to me except the throwing up part, but im still getting over my cold and shit.