Question For Anyone Who Has Used Fox Farm Nutes

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Mustachio8, Dec 18, 2007.

1. I have Fox Farm Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom. The feeding chart that comes with the products says that you should combine varying amounts of Big Bloom all throughout the grow(use it alongside the Grow Big during veg and Tiger Bloom during flower.) That is what I have been doing. But then I read on another site that you should only use Big Bloom in conjunction with Tiger Bloom during flowering. Anyone know the right/best answer?

2. ive been using the FF feeding schedule you are talking about, and i am almost to week 4 flowering. None of my plants have showed signs of lock up, nute burn, or anything of the sort. I suggest getting the 3 part slouble nutes from FF as well for the 12/12 cycle. I dont mean to toot my own horn but the nugs i got right now are fat and very firey. Check it out in the ADV grow TECH section under SCRog-strictly kush. peace

3. i had this exact same problem a few months ago. This is what i did: i googled foxfarm and viola! This is what you need:

if growing in soil:

http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

if growing hydroponic:

http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/hydrofeed.pdf

Now, anyone may give misleading info as far as wanting you to buy any product. But, after purchace, few companies will be deliberately misleading in how to effectively use the product they sell. So, this should be a good source for your needs.

Now, i have never used anything but FF growbig & bigbloom. (Up to now) When i used FFGB & FFBB for the last 6+ grows, i only followed the directions on the back of the containers and only used FFGB for vegging, and FFBB for flowering. HOLYSHIT - WAS I WRONG!!!

So, one day - i was low on nutes and i had some xtra cash to spare, so - i got some more FFGB & FFBB, and decided to give some of the other stuff a try: Fox Farm's Open Sesame, Fox Farm's Beastie Bloomz, and some Fox Farm's Cha Ching a try. The stuff came, and i was like: "Ok, so - like how the hell do i use this stuff???" i got online, looked up the companies info, and come to find out, not only are these things suppose to be used together but, different combinations at different times.

Now, this is my 7th grow and the 1st grow at useing the FF combinations (properly) and let me tell you - YES, it works GREAT!!!

It's good to read the directions!

Attached Files:

4. Keep in mind that FF assumes you are using tap water (@ 250 ppm) when mixing nutes. If using RO or DI water, add 250 ppm to your nute concentration readings, or you will be overfertilizing.:eek:

5. What Amounts or combinations of Fox Farm Liquid Nutes has anyone had experience mixing and how often (every or every other watering)?

The back of the Big Bloom bottle says 4 tablespoons per gallon every watering

however here
    http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf
    if i'm reading it correctly is this saying 1 tablesppon per gallon every OTHER watering

Is the feeding schedule chart link above assuming you are using all three and telling you to add them all accordingly? If so even still i find the instructions to be a little contradictory.

If you're going to use big bloom alone and switch to tiger bloom in flowering, how much should you be using (the bottle recomended 4 tablespoons per gallon every watering and this seems like a little too much to me).

Sorry for being confusing about all of this but i am also having trouble figuring out exactly what foxfarm recommends.

6. Since I posted the original question I have actually switched my nutes around. I am in the 3rd week of 12/12 and I have 2 plants in hydro and 3 in soil(For this conversation I will only be talking about the soil plants). When I switched to 12/12 I decided to test out some different nutes(I was using the FoxFarm 3 pack on everything) All 3 soil plants got Open Sesame for the first 2 weeks but 2 of the plants got Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom and the other 1 got Big Bloom and Indonesian Bat Guano Tea(0.5 - 12 - 0.2) The differences are quite markable. Out of the 2 getting Tiger Bloom neither one had started true flowering after 10 days. The one getting Guano started flowering almost immediantly and now after 3 weeks is looking AMAZING! It is leaps and bounds ahead of the other 2. Obviously I switched the other 2 to the Guano/Big Bloom combo. After 2 feeding they have improved a ton. Both are now in full flower and one is catching up in a HURRY! On my next crop I won't be using Tiger anymore but will probably stick with Big Bloom throughout along with all Guano(it's cheap at my local Worm's Way; 8 bucks for the Indonesian and 28$ for a 4 pack of the different kinds) I don't know if this helped at all but I am of the opinion that the FF schedule is fucked so I had to do a bunch of trial and error. BTW I use 3TBS of Guano per gallon(brewed with an airstone for 36 hours) along with 2 TBS of Big Bloom. Good Luck with everything.

7. Where did you get this info? I just ordered my FF tri pack and this is the kinda stuff you need to know!!! Thanks man.:D

-Peace:cool:

8. #8 Jakael, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
    Really? I was using RO water and my plants started to look a little burnt. I switched to tap water and they got back to almost normal now I know why. Here I thought my new internal ballast light was the culprit.

@doyoudabble- I'm using the FF pamphlet from the store and following it exactly for soil. I use nutes every other watering(I water every third day) and things are going great. This time I am using all the solubules as well.. Everything looks better than last grow when I only used the 3 liquids.

9. Hey thats enough proof for me. Glad I found out now before I had problems down the road.:D

10. I grow in soil and have used FF for a long time.I have always had excellent results with it.
    I just got the 3 solubles-open sesame,beastie bloomz and cha ching.
    And the open sesame really does work,i'm into week one of 12/12 and the girls are really starting to bud nice.