Question for anyone from Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ComstockG4420, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Hey I heard it was decriminalized there. I was wondering do companies still preform urine analysis for marijuana? Please provide sources. I'm new to this forum, but have been on other kinds, if there is some sort of reputation points system, I'd be more than happy to provide.

2. Yes, companies can still drug test. I don't have sources, it just seems like common sense. Just because it's decriminalized, a business can still require a drug fee work place.

Example: my husband get's random drug tested, and that includes a breathalizer test for alcohol. Alcohol is perfectly legal.

3. Possession is decriminalized in Massachusetts for adults as long as you're not carrying more than an ounce.

Employers can do any sort of testing they want. I guess it depends on what kind of job you're looking to get. If it's something where you probably shouldn't be high on the job, they might drug test you.

4. Damn, that sucks, obviously I know you shouldn't be high at work. It's always been my opinion that it's a waste of weed anyway. I also understand that some jobs are still going to test. I would think it would be jobs that involve handling expensive company equipment, cars, trucks, etc. Well, I'm smart enough to not get charged with possession here. If I could live there and not worry about random piss test, I'd probably move. As it is, can't see leaving home.

5. If you're an mmj patient then you can get some leeway on the drug testing... I think.

6. Not in Massachusetts. We don't have medical marijuana laws here.

7. #7 aaronman, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2010
    Oh, well, it should be coming soon.

Decriminalization is a gateway law. :smoke:

edit: ehh, a lot of states have been decrimed yet see no MMJ. MS, MN, NC, NY, OH... I dunno.

8. It depends on the job. There are certain prescription drugs (mostly narcotic painkillers) that my husband can not take due to his job. If it were necessary, he would have to forfeit his license and hope that there was another, non-critical, position he could move to.

9. yea alot of business drug test ,but i got pulled over with 40g and the cops lookked at it gave it back and wrote me a $100 citation that i stillhaven paid.:hello: