Question for all the Pro-Government People

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HongKongPhooey, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Because it is. It's not a right.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Yes! When we are finally free of government tyranny, where the only law is the law of the gun which is always ready to put some hot lead on someone's menu.

3. Are you trying to get into a semantic argument or do you genuinely not understand? Is he privileged with healthcare? Sure. Does he have healthcare because hes privileged? Not necessarily.

What point are you trying to make? I agree healthcare is too expensive but that doesn't make it a right.

4. I love my publicly funded healthcare. It's not perfect but it is fucking awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Be careful, government control will crush your autonomy as an individual.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

6. Society doesn't determine rights and sure as hell don't control the government and government sure as hell don't grant rights. Only takes them. You do not have the right to part of my earnings no matter what you or anyone else thinks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. #48 daedalux, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Oh but we do. Sorry.

"The government" takes our money and spends it on shit daily. Read a newspaper.

Who determines these rights, Jeebus? If you don't consider healthcare as falling under the penumbra of "pursuit of happiness" then you are not very imaginative. Society has the right and the power to determine what those vague rights mean insofar as actual laws and policies are concerned.

You can continue to deny it all and pursue your "nobody has a right to my money" fantasy all you like. We will continue to tax regardless of your squealing until you do something really stupid like scrawl "sovereign citizen" on your 10-40 form with a crayon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. How's that repeal working out for you?

10. Don't be vacuous. Society has made it a right by our elected governing officials enacting laws that allow people of limited means to afford it.

Lobby your lawmakers to take it away from the poor - please. I would like to see you do it in time for the next election cycle.

11. You're projecting pretty hard there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Try again.

13. Yes, you have the right to pursue healthcare, not the right to force others to provide it.

My pursuit of happiness is a cabin in the woods, surrounded by a lake, mountains and woods, could you please petition the government to provide that for me, I just dont feel I need to work for it since it is my right to property.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. What a surprise that government is incompetent and a repeal most likely won't happen. Once you give government power and control over something, it's not going to change...and that's the problem.

15. like the amendments to the US constitution?

16. Huh?

• Like Like x 1
  17. thats just about the only thing I've seen you type that makes any sense. Too bad it was probably meant in jest.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hey dude I'm gonna identify as you for a while when they are working on this so that way I can get in on this too because it does sound like a slice of heaven. I promise I'll only take....maybe....45% of everything you have. Maybe a little more. I won't let you move around in the cabin where ever you want...but you are still there so it will be cool right?

19. let me clarify. amendments to the constitution are an example of how things change even if they are "under government" control. our laws, which are ever changing, is also an example of the same.
    even the tax code changes year-to-year.

20. It is your right to infringe on my rights, I cannot stop you.

I would ask that you dedicate a good acre to herb so you can provide me with my pursuit of happiness... At your expense of course.

• Like Like x 1