Question ertically?about HID lights

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Greencamoflaugh, May 23, 2010.

1. So I am looking to buy an Agrosun Gold Metal Halide with enhanced red spectrum for flowering. My ballast is a hanging ballast that orientates the bulb vertically. This agrosun bulb specifies that the bulb operates horizontally. Would the bulb be damaged if I operated it vertically?

What would happen? I can't find the bulb that operates vertically.

Edit: Sorry about the title, still getting used to a laptop keyboard :)

2. Might be better off directing that question at the company you're purchasing the bulb from

3. Anybody with any experience? I e-mailed the company but they have not responded.

4. It probably wouldn't hurt the bulb itself, but the orientation refers to how the bulb projects the light. Like horizontally, a lamp will emit light outwards from the broad side, but vertically it's more concentrated coming out of the end. Sort of hard to explain, sorry if I was confusing...:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

5. I understand that totally. The hood\reflector I have is pretty good at reflecting the light from the side downward.

Anyone else know if this is indeed the case? Can I run a horizontal bulb vertically?