Question concerning trimmings

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Vanquish6, Feb 22, 2012.

1. #1 Vanquish6, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    Ok so I just finished up my first grow and it was successful. I want to thank everybody on Grasscity for putting up with me and answering all of my questions, this site has been the basis for all of my knowledge on growing, but mostly because everyone here was so helpfull.

Anyways, I got a small pile of trimmings not alot at all. I was thinking of just cooking with it or making butter or something but after I shined my headlamp into the trimmings I saw alot of shinys. So I was wondering if it would even be worth it to try and get kief and if so, what techique is best for getting it ALL and it has to be pretty simple/basic/cheap.. There is also alot of red hairs should I leave those in or would it be better to just gather them up and smoke them?

Thanks yall (blazed)

2. if it was me i would just make some ice water hash with it (if you have enough trim).

3. Okay, I was thinking of doing a water method too, how is it done?

4. It depends how much trim you have. you only get about 15-20% weight return on hash. If you only have a small amount its not worth it. If you are continuing to grow...put your trim in the freezer and save it untill you have enough to run.
    The cheapest way to utilize your trim is to make qwiso. Ice water extraction requires several micron sizes of bags and are expensive. My .02