Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question Concerning Edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Gloom, Mar 7, 2009.

1. I know questions go into the apprentice tokers section, but since this is about edibles I hope here is okay. (And the only similar thread I could find is somewhat different so I decided to make a new one)

Anyways, I have tried edibles twice both with disappointing results, could a poor ability to digest dairy (And thus cannabutter) have resulted in my body not digesting the THC properly? I know that my father suffers from some form of inability to digest dairy properly and I guess it could be genetic. As I don't usually eat much dairy I doubt I would've noticed yet. Lastly, if I am completely confused please let me know. :p

Thanks in advance.

2. It was probably not so much your digestive system, but rather the quality of the edibles.

A few factors that could result in a disappointing high:

1. You had a full stomach before you ate the edibles - This has been known to kill an edible high or at the very least slow it down.

2. The cannabutter was not processed correctly.

3. There was not enough cannabis used in the making of the butter.

Try making edibles with oil instead of butter next time.

3. Both where from two different clubs which are supposed to have good quality edibles, so 2 and 3 seem somewhat unlikely. As for 1, my stomach was relatively empty (But I can do better (Emptier) next time).

4. Not being able to digest dairy has absolutely no sense to why you wouldn't be able to feel the effects of edibles. The THC binds with lipids, so unless your body regects any kind of fat (which I would be extremely jealous of!), you're still going to feel it's effects.

I'm also curious to why you wouldn't feel it if you bought the goods from a legitimate club. Keep in mind that eating edibles will give you a very different high than smoking! It is more of a body buzz/numbing type thing than a head high/couchlock deal.

5. Ive been making large batches of edibles every week now for about 2 years.
    In my experience, There are two groups of people that dont feel it at all (And i make them super strong.) One group says they dont feel it, but looking at them and their eyes you know its working. The other group seems to legitimately not feel it at all.

I dont know why this is, but definitely for some people they just dont get it.

6. I felt it, but it was a extremely mild feel that came in waves (Which left as quickly as they came).

7. If thats the case then i suspect there skimping on the THC, try doubling the dosage. If that doesnt work then on a seperate occasion try three.

Or try making yor own.

8. Over an hour ago I finished making two friecrackers (With about a gram each) (Easy and fast to making fits my cooking skills quite well). I ate both and am definately feeling it, but no where near what I would of hoped.

9. It does come on in waves. It's your body digesting the edible that does that. I am glad to hear you at least got a respose from the firecrackers you made. :)

It is not an extraordinary high like you sometimes get with smoking herb. In my opinion, it is a lot more medicinal. Smoking helps immediately, but if I'm having a lot of physical pain, eating a couple brownies really helps for a prolonged period of time. Like I said in my previous post, don't expect to be blown away - it's a much more sedated bodybuzz feel. :)

10. Yes I definately felt the body sedation, but I don't really feel high other then that....

11. Increase the doseage. I need about 3 grams of mid grade to be incredibly buzzed.