Question: Bottom leaves withering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zongzizong, Jan 6, 2009.

1. #1 zongzizong, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2009
    My bottom set of leaves are withering on my plant, and Im GUESSING its from not receiving enough light because I don't exactly have a good set-up right now; I was considering buying a couple lights and a Red Heat lamp light and trying to save it. It's about a foot tall, maybe a little taller(1'1/4 idk) but anyways Im just using 2 of the coiled bulbs as light and no foil or anything to like reflect it. Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theres some pictures of witherred leaves, and heres the overall sad look of my plant:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for the advice!

2. Do I maybe need to trim? Get stronger lights? I think the bottom leaves are dying a little quickly or I might just think it was natural because the lower leaves usually die off?

3. One more thing - On the bottom picture u can kind of see it, but some of the jagged edges of the leaves are kinda blackish. Its a small amount and only on a couple of the leaves. Ive been looking at helpful stuff online all day trying to figure out how to better my plant, and all I could come up with so far is maybe a nitrogen deficiency. Either that or just bottom leaves dying off as their supposed to, but I think it is going at a more rapid rate than should. I trimmed the dead leaves off of the bottom, but still am concerned about everything. ANY suggestions? :-\

4. How much lighting total do you have?
    It might be that?

5. there is no saving those lower leaves, just pull them off, the ones that are sagging, & i told u in my thread to start w/ 1/4 strength ferts, but start @ 1/8 strength, b/c the plant is still nice & green

6. The leaves are drooping. It might be too much or ot enough water.

7. Ok so cut off the bottom couple? I dont really know how to cut off the small ones, Im pretty sure halfway between the node and the leaf is correct for the longer fan leaves, but for the small leaves just do the same? I read that if you cut off right at the stem it could become infected. Im going to reduce how much I water it, do the 1/8th fert thing also. Lastly though, what about the little blackness on the tips? Its really hard to see because my camera blows, but on the very last picture you can see these weird black tips starting and I dont want this to become a problem :p

8. if you dont cut them off, they'll fall off. up to you