question about zanax

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by YipKong, Mar 1, 2009.

1. hey so some kid i gave a lil bud to since he was in need gave me to zanax and some money, anyways what do zanax do? just curious. he said he usually has them after smoking if he takes them. just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

2. xanax are antidepressants, i think that pretty much describes them

3. They make you really relaxed

They're meant for people who have panic attacks or anxiety

4. poppin a xanax after smoking = heaven :rolleyes:

total relaxation

5. Well first off it's an anti-anxiety not antidepressant. It will make you loopy and tired but give you a good euphoric feeling. Are they white bars?

6. It makes the GABA transmitter bind more effectively to its receptors, which causes hyperpolarization in your neurons and decreases their rate of fire.

In that sense, it works the same way that barbiturates do but benzos are more specialized and have their greatest effects in the areas of the brain that modulate emotion, specifically fear and aggression. Unfortunately, these areas are also very important for memory and so it can cause you to not remember what happened while you were on it when you wake up the next morning.

In other words: anxiety, fear and aggression go way way down (producing an incredibly relaxed and carefree attitude) but so does your physical coordination and your ability to store new memories (only while you are on it.)

7. This is all correct, but benzos first increase GABA production. The benzos then bind to the GABA receptors themselves, causing GABA to then bind to the same receptors. Benzos have a high affinity for GABA.

Just spreading some learnin'

8. Hmm never heard this before, so I'm not going to claim that you're wrong, but why do you think this?

Benzos act (in an indirect way) as agonists for GABA. Overall, this would actually decrease GABA production as the brain begins to compensate for the effect of the drug so in the long term, GABA production should go down and not up. This is why benzo withdrawals can be so bad, because of a lack of GABA.

I realize, however, that you're referring to the short term but I've still never heard this claim. I'm beginning a major in pharmacology (after many years of dicking around in the social sciences) and this is what I love, so any sources would be appreciated. :D

9. Yeah im on 1.30 miligrams with no tolerance and im feeling chill as fuck so i mean dont over do it

10. smoke and pop them, you'll feel amazing for like 4 hours.

11. I feel so good.