Question about Xanax...

Discussion in 'General' started by Easy-B, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Well, recently I was prescribed Xanax for my anxiety. I'm actually going to see a Psyciatrist next week to see fully what kind of medecine I need. I suffer from social anxiety, and I have noticed that the xanax has been helping quite a bit. My question is: would smoking on xanax be fine, considering the xanax relaxes me? I figure it would be a good combination, and I've got a dub of some nice reef just waiting to be smoked. Thanks in advance for your help.

Also: As I said, I'm going to a Psyc. next week to get prescribed something else I presume. Possibly an SSRI (Something to do with Serotonin). Do any of you take any of these, and does smoking effect that in any way? Thanks in advance.

2. Xanax won't have any bad combo with the cannabis, actually a good combo, very chill. On the other hand some SSRI's are a bad combo with the weed but usually only at the start so don't freak out. I'm on Effexor XR for the SSRI and Xanax when anxiety is up more then usual. the SSRI will increase your blood pressure, increase the serotinin but can cause almost blackouts or seizors from the mix but after being on the med for a couple weeks the combo no longer poses a problem.

whichever one you get, check the Erowid Experience Vaults. Lost of good info

3. Cool, I appreciate the fast reply man. I'm actually excited to try out the Xanax/Cannabis combo now.:smoking:

4. I'd be careful. I've been a smoker for about five years, and recently I've developed anxiety and some symptoms of depression. I've got a prescription for Xanax and for a while, the combination of Xanax and weed was fine, like usual. But for the past month, I've been getting nothing but panic attacks and more anxiety when I smoke.

It's gotten to the point where I'm just about to throw all my pipes away. I've pretty much come to the decision that I'm going to quit smoking. It really sucks, but what's the point when it's not fun anymore...

So be careful. I'd always read about how marijuana use can bring out things like this in people, and I never believed it, but honestly now I don't know.

5. I use to get panic attacks too, still do once in a wihle but at one point I almost quit smoking cause it would happen every time, not sure what caused it, lots of stress maybe or the combo's.

I do know though if you are taking xanax every day, that if you come off of it, w/d will kick in fast and they are pretty bad and do cause bad anxiety/panic

6. Lots of people who have panic attacks associate there panic attacks to things that really had nothing to do with it. For me, when i had my first panic attack, i really thought it was becouse of weed, i dont like panic attacks, i was very very scared to smoke, but i forced myself to smoke becouse i KNEW this is human nature to pin it on SOMETHING. so i smoked, and i was a bit jittery, becouse i was scared, but once i started feeling good, i felt amazing.

i actually disected so to speak one of my panic attacks. as soon as it came on, i told myself, your not fucking crazy, your going to be fine, you think your dieng but your not. its natural. i was fine, a bit shakey but hell, i coulda smoked a blunt. i am thinking of going on meds, and asking my doctor what he recommends.

7. I did the same things, and did start to desect them and was a bit shakey too but could get through. Im allways on a thin line where it could go bad if I smoked too much but has not been a problem. It is amazing now though since I can enjoy the high and I become very anaylitcal, where I need to be with groups or if im alone and if going into a store like bestbuy I will freak out and start over anaylizing everyone, i must look like a crazy person when that happens, although if im with a group of friends I feel more secure and able to chill.

8. Thanks for all the posts guys, I really appreciate it. I have social anxiety really bad, and I hate it. I can't stand it. Everyday it seems like I'm in a situation I don't want to be in. The xanax has been helping immensely, but I guess I'll see what the doc prescribes long term after my appointment next week. It's good to know that there are others out there like me, and that I'm not alone. As for the smoking, I guess I'll need to find out for myself how it goes, as maybe it differs from person to person.

Sky dog, sorry to hear that man, I hope everything ends up working out for you. I feel your pain.

9. same exact thing with me. now when i smoke and i go out in public my anxiety shoots up and i have panic attacks.