Question about Women Snowboarding.

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by HeadySpaghetti, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Currently watching the X-Games and the women's superpipe vs the mens superpipe is a HUGE difference, 1080s at something of a stock trick for the mens superpipe and if u dont throw a 1080 in a run theres no way ur getting above like a 50. But in womans, a 1080 is HUGE spin.

I dont see why this is, woman are capable of doing exactly what the men do, arent they? I don't see why they lack the skills to be able to do what the mean do. Does it have to do with boards or muscle? I mean there a women that can do things much better than men, but they can't they do even a 1080 or a corked spin?

It seems like the women's progression of snowboarding tricks is years behind the men. So does that mean women are going to bed doing 1260 double corks or 1080 corks within 4 years or something?

Im just have trouble understand why women can't spin and spin grab like the men do .

Im a guy and snowboard, best i can do is a 3.

2. Men weigh more so they get more momentum which = higher jumps. They also have bigger muscles which attributes to the whole weight thing. Also, Muscles give you power so you can build more speed when pumping at the bottom of jumps.

3. Though that make sense, the woman aren't THAT much smaller. There was at a 5'5 140-150 pound dude in the superpipe event that killed it way harder than the woman, and some women can have the muscle. I would think women would be behind men a little but, but they have a HUGE gap inbetween them

4. Every other sport is like that, so why would it be any different with snowboarding??

5. Women are not as athletic as men.
    In other news, water is wet.

6. Though that is true for the TOP TOP athletes, it's not always true for everyone. Plenty of women are better at me in lots of sports, but those are higher tiers of that sport.

It's not like women are genetically incapable of performing a 1080 cork or double corks. Or are they? I think they can do it, they are just a lot more worried about their bodies and breaking things than men. I know I take risks and do whatever the fuck i wanna try when I do stuff. but women ease into things more, not taking so much risks

7. So you think these chicks are held back because they're scared? :laughing: They're fearless bro. It really is as simple as men being stronger. This allows them to

-go faster
    -maintain speed
    -go higher
    -spin faster