Question about woman equality

Discussion in 'General' started by Cloud 9, May 21, 2010.

1. #41 tabbit, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    There are quicker ways to end a fight than just smacking each other around in the face.
    If a woman was coming at me with the intent to kill and severely harm me, yeah I would defend myself. That doesn't mean I'm gonna be trying to break her bones and shit, but that doesn't also mean I'm gonna stand there and let her break my bones or attempt to harm me with a weapon.

And that will hold up in court, so long as I don't use what could be deemed as an excessive amount of force to defend myself with.

I'll protect my life and the lives of my friends/family whether or not they are male/female and whether or not the attacker is male/female. A threat on one's life is still a threat, regardless of gender.

2. So if its about physical strength, what if they're both equally strong?

And, by this logic, if some punk ass twirp who was physically weaker than you tried to knock you out, would you treat him like a woman and avoid a fight at all costs, or knock him the fuck out?

3. If a woman TRULY wanted to fight me I would show her the same respect as I would a man in that confrontation. I'm willing to fight a guy who's weaker then me so why not a woman eh?

What gets me is when women say "I wish you would hit me" I hear it a lot from people I'm around. All I can think is "Woman, No you don't want a man to hit you".

Seriously though, EQUAL RIGHTS for women, I was just recently wrestling with the concept of a woman reading and now this. Times are a changing.

4. Honor is a virtue. Be a man and embrace it.

5. Depends on the woman. If she can hit like a man, she can take a hit like a man. i.e. some guy 6'01 170lbs shouldn't beat the living shit out of a woman that's 4'09 125lbs.

6. Hah. I'd like to put you in a few scenarios.

7. can i hit a woman if she is stabbing me repeatadly in the chest, or do i have to ask her nicely to stop?

8. No you can't. First you have to ask her if she's mad at you. She'll say no. Then you have to ask her what's wrong. She'll say nothing's wrong. Then you have to say, if you don't tell me I can't fix it. She'll say, if I have to tell you then you wouldn't understand anyway. Then you can hit her.

9. If women want to be equal they can sign up for the draft when they turn 18..

10. I'm sorry but if a girl hit me in the face, I'd definately give her one right back. In no other situation would I do this, but in my opinion, if you throw a punch you should be prepared to get one back.

11. I've met a couple of girls who act like tough shit and provoke guys, but at the slightest hint of retaliation they go running to their brother or whoever.

I think girls who hit guys just because they know they won't get hit back are morons. On one hand, if you're gonna act like a man you should get treated like one, and I don't think guys should be subjected to being bitch slapped endlessly and not try restrain the girl. But on the other hand, a man punching a woman is gonna hurt a lot more than a woman punching a man (I'm talking average sized people here)
    I dunno... Maybe a short, skinny dude hitting an obese woman is a fair balance?:laughing:

12. I wouldn't think twice about hitting a woman in a last resort, self defense situation. Anyone would, rather they want to admit it or not...

13. Of course they would. Self defense is self defense.

14. Which is really the core of the issue, isn't it?

Violence is abhorrent and only justified when used defensively. It doesn't matter who is committing the violence against you, action needs to be taken to stop the attack ASAP!

Hitting a WOMAN is wrong, except in self-defense.
    Hitting a MAN is wrong, except in self defense.

How are there 4 pages of debate on such a simple issue?

15. Things aren't always simple. There is at least one man in this world that would refrain from hitting a woman even while under attack, and there are those that beat their spouse/girlfriend regularly.

16. I don't go around beating women, in fact I've never hit a woman. However, if a woman wanted to hit me like a man they had better be prepared to get hit back like a man. It's the same situation no matter what sex someone is. If someones attacking me and I have to fight them to subdue them, then that's what I'm going to do, I'm not going to hurt them anymore then I absolutely need to to end the problem though.

17. I use some basic guidelines on this issue.

A girl can fight me like a girl (slapping, screaming, scratching, whatever) untill i get annoyed, then its time to restrain her.

As soon as a girl wants to man up, and closes her fist (in attack, not playfighting) then im stepping it up a bit too, and she is probably going to get a smack. I dont care who you are, im not sitting there idly while you hit me. You are going to get it back.

Anything more than that that cant be setteled with angry words needs some time, and I will just leave.

18. I dont think this thread is really about self-defense, if a girl is comin at you with serious intent to harm, you are gonna defend yourself somehow (how depending on her size/aggression)
    This is all pretty much common sense

what about just in general, as kids growin up, should we teach that boys and girls are equal and simultaneously say, girls should get nicer treatment even tho its in direct opposition to the first statement?
    And of course we should because its just not nice to hit a girl. There was the whole nature argument earlier; human women do not produce naturally the levels of androgens and do not have the biomechanical advantages men have. Women in general grow shorter, and have a significantly higher bodyfat.
    Likewise you shouldnt bully a really short/skinny guy. Or make fun of gingers, ppl with glasses, etc.
    Its just common courtesy to not hit a girl (or do ^)

19. If a girl was coming at me with intent to kill I wouldn't hit her at all, that's NOT RIGHT!

I'd just pull out my 9mm BLAT! BLAT!

20. so your going to tell me that primates (which we are a part of) dont have males as authority figures?... next please.

dude its just the truth, males are the protectors, females are the child raisers. if you really want conclusive evidence just google it yourself and i promise you will in fact find its the truth.

hunter gatherers are us, men are hunters and women are gatherers. but we can DO BOTH, thats because we are intelligent though. i find women to be perfectly equal except in their bodies. they are physically weaker than males, they bruise easier, and they cant take pain and continue as well as a guy.

guys dont have macho attitudes, we have macho chemicals in our blood stream. testosterone levels are muchhhhhhh higher in men than women. thus we are more prone to anger and rage, why? because these emotions are to protect our troop.

fight or flight response, males need to take care of their herd (family or village) thus nature makes us get fucking pissed easier. thus we jump to arms MUCH quicker than a woman. its all based on nature, i personally dont agree with fighting because i am of a higher intelligence than most of the animal kingdom.

nuff said.